Like Tree11Likes

Cheated!!!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Best to do research before hand, and then go to the shop and buy the product you originally wanted to buy. I usually go to HK to bu electronic items, go direct to Broadway or even Fortress. You won't see me going into those dodgy electronic stores.

Go in to the store, ask about your product, if they don't have it, walk out.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeolo888:
    Best to do research before hand, and then go to the shop and buy the product you originally wanted to buy. I usually go to HK to bu electronic items, go direct to Broadway or even Fortress. You won't see me going into those dodgy electronic stores.

Go in to the store, ask about your product, if they don't have it, walk out.
    For what it's worth, my recent experience with the big guys is that they can't do much about price, particularly on popular items, but they do tend to throw in a lot of freebies. Whether they're the freebies you want or not is a different matter, but they do include stuff with real cash value...

fortress everytime..

u might save a couple hundred bucks in a no name - or it seems u might spend a grand more..

also for warranty etc fortress is great

The bait and switch is very common, unfortunately. I had to wait a half hour to get my credit card back from one shop on Nathan Rd. after they were giving me a line about picking up the camera I wanted from their 'warehouse.' They returned it to me after I began flagging down a police officer. That was one of my welcome to HK experiences.

After a lot more camera equipment purchases, I've found Tin Cheung Camera to be the most honest and knowledgeable. Their shop in Central is a Leica shop, but they stock all brands in their TST location (not on Nathan Rd, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee12:
    expensive lesson indeed! oh well...just a note to others, please avoid going to PRO SHOP which is located at Percival Street, Causeway Bay.
    Practically all of those small camera shops have a funky feel to them.

I'd avoid all of them. Go to Broadway or the big names around town, Tim Cheung also.

I googled this about camera specs (different cameras but same principles) - really if the pros say it doesnt matter what camera to buy it doesnt matter to an amateur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA5r5d0D0f4

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4