Good MP3 player for Mac?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hey Jay,

Hey watch it re my Shures!! They're my fav's for outdoors!

Thanks for your thoughts. Seeing as though you seem to be a bit if an audiophile, what do you think of the sony MDR 7506? Apparently they're flat, but with excellent reproduction of sound (and we do have EQ). I'm thinking of the Sony's or the Grado SR-60/80. These will mostly be for home use, as I use my Shure E2g on the go.. so the need for an amp is not a big deal, but it would be nice if it didn't need it anyway... (so I guess that only leaves the SR-60 and the 7506's..)

Quote Originally Posted by dropdedfwed
    Hey Jay,

Hey watch it re my Shures!! They're my fav's for outdoors!

Thanks for your thoughts. Seeing as though you seem to be a bit if an audiophile, what do you think of the sony MDR 7506? Apparently they're flat, but with excellent reproduction of sound (and we do have EQ). I'm thinking of the Sony's or the Grado SR-60/80. These will mostly be for home use, as I use my Shure E2g on the go.. so the need for an amp is not a big deal, but it would be nice if it didn't need it anyway... (so I guess that only leaves the SR-60 and the 7506's..)
    Shures have a problem with high end reproduction, even with the top of the line models. the E2G are considered pretty crappy by audiophiles, but if you like them, enjoy them

Get the SR-60s or Alessandro MS1s. The SR-60s are significantly brighter than the MS1s, which is why some people prefer the MS1 since they tend to be more balanced. I haven't heard the 7506s so I can't comment on them, but Sony have a tendency to manufacture bass-heavy phones. I prefer open cans and earphones to closed ones any day. They sound way more natural, but the lack of isolation makes them useless outdoors...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2