Search Engine marketing with Yahoo though PCCW :Suck!

Closed Thread

Lightbulb Search Engine marketing with Yahoo though PCCW :Suck!

Anyone can give me some idea or suggestion on it....I am looking for some plan about the Search Engine with Yahoo though PCCW ,It sucks!

Before , it just costs me a bit....
    Now is quite expensive....what the hell is.........
    It is just a words,how come its cost that much???!!!Suck!

There are some keywords like CCTV ,Assess control system ....whatever.......etc

3 Sets of key words, costs about HKD 60,000.00 per months ,which is unlimited click on Yahoo Search engine.

Are there any expert here, can help me out?
    Please tell me ...are there any options which is on Yahoo search engine.

Last edited by Alicechan; 15-05-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Depending on your business, Yahoo's traffic can be highly irrelevant and the PCCW folks are basically getting a commission on every click you get (so they'll bid high and for terms that do not convert).

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Depending on your business, Yahoo's traffic can be highly irrelevant and the PCCW folks are basically getting a commission on every click you get (so they'll bid high and for terms that do not convert).

The only way to make it work is do it yourself. It 's actually quite easy. Don't let Yahoo or any agency do the work for you, unless you have a very large budget and just want branding or any irrelevant traffic. (you can also PM me for more info as I dont want to put too much details in public)).

Yahoo! is the dominant search engine in Asia outside of mainland China so it's a reasonable choice, the alternatives are Google Adwords and whatever Baidu offers.

With Google Adwords you pay on how popular the words are, so generic security words like CCTV will be rather expensive. However if your site is properly engineered you can also opt to pay-per-action, so you only pay when you get an order or lead, but it will cost more.

Google AdWords Pay-Per-Action Beta

Saying Yahoo! advertising is expensive means nothing without correlation to the leads it's generating you.