Like Tree7Likes

Old Cameras

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Update: Miramar has moved to 18 Stanley Street, and they are on the first floor.

I also found a guy that repairs old mechanical cameras (previously I have had multiple stores, including Miramar, deny the existence of any such service in Hong Kong) at 14/F 22 Stanley Street. The store is called Panda Repairs and the old guy there seems to fix cameras and possibly violins.

climber07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Update: Miramar has moved to 18 Stanley Street, and they are on the first floor.

I also found a guy that repairs old mechanical cameras (previously I have had multiple stores, including Miramar, deny the existence of any such service in Hong Kong) at 14/F 22 Stanley Street. The store is called Panda Repairs and the old guy there seems to fix cameras and possibly violins.
    Awesome.. I actually need someone to look at my Bronica GS-1...although it's not a mechanical issue. The shutter button of the hand grip attachment will not fire the shutter. Have to release the shutter either through cable or on the main body. Not a huge deal just annoying. Most of the time the camera is on the tripod, so cable release works just fine, but would be useful to have the freedom and convinience of a fully working grip. I cleaned the electical contacts...no luck

Many places repair. Sunrise did tune up my old Canon.

Sim City in Mongkok has about 10 2nd Hand camera places.

I didn't notice any MF stuff in there, but I'm sure it's all much of a muchness. I also found the details of a repair guy over in TST that I should be able to dig up if Panda doesn't pan out.

Do post up your experience if you use him. I ended up posting my camera to some repair enthusiast in the US because the muppets who pass for store assistants in the HK camera stores all denied the existence of a repair guy on the same street.

@Flameproof- how good was Sunrise? e.g. did they tell you how accurate shutter speeds were, post repair, or were they pretty much a black box about it (i.e. they just gave you back a functional camera without an explanation)?

(Having scoped out the Sim City places, I would not trust any of them for mechanical repairs!)

Last edited by jgl; 09-09-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Another mechanical repair place:

Speed Camera
    Flat C, 7/F 231 Nathan Rd
    2736 7803

I have not been here, was just given a card by a film shop when I asked about repair places.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    @Flameproof- how good was Sunrise? e.g. did they tell you how accurate shutter speeds were, post repair, or were they pretty much a black box about it (i.e. they just gave you back a functional camera without an explanation)?
    No explanation given. I did check the speed before and it was a bit of. The very long times 1/2 and longer were on B. that was fixed, but I didn't check the speed again. The sound of the camera after I got it back was totally different. Much improved. I think I paid 400 - well worth it.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4