PCCW 8Mbps Contract Renewal fight!

PCCW 8Mbps Contract Renewal fight!

Living in an old walk up near Man Mo temple, where unfortunately I cannot get fibre yet unfortunately.

I was on a 2-year contract just receiving 8mb broadband for $159 I don't watch TV
    This contract is now over and PCCW are raising me to $268 on another 2 year contract.

This is more than the price of HKBN 1gb! So I have some questions for the more experienced HK'ers out there:

1 - Is there any other company offering the old-school 8mb ADSL that I can sign up with?

2 - Has anyone had experience with PCCW and can suggest how I can negotiate with them?
    I called and said I'll have ot cancel as I cannot afford the new price. They panicked a bit but only gave 2 months free (reduction to $246). I've told PCCW I'll be ending my contract...

Thanks in advance,
    Keith

It is difficult to negotiate with PCCW. Hutchinson, I cable , New World & HK Cable all provide internet services. You have to check with them, if they can provide in your building

Drop em
    Go to mobile Internet and go easy on your usage
    See if they come back to you in a couple of months

according to my understanding.... the price is varied with location and availability of different ISP at the same building.

i.e. you can have better offer if it is a public estate.... or a building which all ISPs are available.

I am also using PCCW 8 M connection and guess there is no other choice as I have tried Hutison and i-Cable in past and there service is horrible. So i guess 8 M is better than nothing although it is expensive compared to price of fiber optics.

Angry Tell Spamvigator to fcuk off!

When Skin/Dickhead Li's avaricious organisation demanded a new contract @ $268 from $172 p.m. for 100Mbps - I told 'em to "sling their hook" !! [Less politely than that ]

I signed up for 50/10 Mbps on i-Cable for about $148 per month after 5 months free taken into consideration on a 24 month contract.

It's been working perfectly for the last ~3 weeks or so!

I'm happy to be free of Dickhead Li's PCCW!

Unfortunately I'm not on cable but how bad can the 8mb copper wire connection be from a competitor? It's te same cables?!
    How bad is the service? Will it randomly disconnect or something?