rack cabinet @ home?

Closed Thread

rack cabinet @ home?

As I did bring a 19" server when I moved to Hong Kong which I would like to use at home I am looking for a cheap but solid rack cabinet.

I did check out stores at Golden Shopping Center and Computer Center already.

I need a 60cmx80cm rack with at least 6 units. So far the cheapest I have seen is approximately 1800HKD and 12 units. I dont know where to find a cheaper and smaller one.

Maybe someone is having a good hint or a website
    Thank you!

free one if you don't mind 2nd hand

Hi, our office has a server rack that we need to dispose of quickly as we are moving at the end of the month and the new place has no room for it.

It's pretty good condition, but I'm afraid we have lost most of the keys (it's left unlock, of course.)
    It's free if you can arrange for some movers to pick up.

It is 23.5 inch wide, 31 inch deep, and 77 inch tall
    Please call Selena at 25914033 if you are interested. We need a commitment for it to be taken by Monday, else we will need to throw it away on Tuesday morning.

Last edited by selenay; 22-05-2008 at 04:54 PM.

dear selenay

this is a very great offer. i would immediatly go for it but it is ways too tall. i can only fit in a 80cm tall rack cabinet here
    where is it actually standing?

I see, that's too bad then.

It's just standing on a few small wheels, if you remove them it'd take off may be 5cms, still no where near 80cm unfortunately.
    (if you mean the location, it's at our office on Wyndham Street in Central)

If you know anyone who could use it, get them to give us a call please it seems a waste to throw it away.

ITSYS in Wanchai Computer Center has half sized rack - somewhere on the second floor. they're on www.itsys.com.hk

i will listen around and tell my mates here. maybe we are lucky selenay.

knowitall: do you know another it online store that has even smaller cabinets? smallest from intellitech is 1.2m. i need a very small 60x80cm one. between 6-10 units.

Try walking around the various stores in SSP / Mongkok. I'm not particularly aware of rack vendors.

Master Group have 6U wall mount units, Hong Kong based company. IBM recommended them to me:

Master Group

thank you for the hint.
    i did check out the page but they only seem to have to big racks. i am looking for a 9u 600x800mm rack.
    I did write them an e-mail. Will see what they will answer me!

Thank you Moo!