Philips LCD Monitor Repair

Closed Thread

Philips LCD Monitor Repair

We had a power problem at which put the whole of our apartment block in the dark for an hour or so last night, and something associated with that seems to have zapped my Philips LCD Monitor (even though it was switched off and no fuses blew or circuit breakers tripped).

I've no idea whether it just has an internal fuse that has blown or if it's going to need a new power supply - it isn't immediately obvious how to get the casing apart.

The Philips site lists only one authorised service centre, way out in the depths of Kwai Chung, so before I trek out there I wondered if anyone had any experience or recommendations for getting this sort of thing fixed somewhere in Wanchai / Causeway Bay?

PDLM - Can you just ask them to come over and fix? I think the initial visit costs like $300-400 and then its parts and labor.

The Philips site lists only one authorised service centre, way out in the depths of Kwai Chung, so before I trek out there I wondered if anyone had any experience or recommendations for getting this sort of thing fixed somewhere in Wanchai / Causeway Bay?[/QUOTE]

ah nothing like an Hk Islander fearing 'the other side' Kwau Chung is only 15 minutes in a taxi from TST...

I know that, but Wanchai Computer Centre is 2 minutes from my office on foot!

KIA - are you talking specifically about these guys:
    PHK Service Ltd
    10fl, Unit A, Park Sun Bldg, 103-107 Wo Yi Hop Rd
    Kwai Chung
    Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island,
    852-26199663

?

PDLM - Yes, they do have a home repair service, as long as I think you have the receipts.

They'd come over twice for our LCD TV a few years ago... once to replace a broken stand and another time to replace the screws that for the stand they replaced. We didn't have to pay... as it was their problem.

OK - this is well out of warranty, so I'm expecting to pay; I'm pretty sure I have the receipt somewhere. I'll give them a call and hope that they speak English. Thanks.

I suspect that if you ask Philips they will tell it can't be fixed and/or the parts will be so expensive they will encourage you to buy another monitor.
    A friend had a problem with their camera (not charging I think) and the dealer quoted them 1200 dollars to fix it but offered a discount on a new unit. He took it to a camera repair place in Wanchai and it cost 100 dollars to fix.
    The 2 minute walk to Wanchai (down the middle they look like they could fix it- where they build the spec PC's) may be the solution.

Yup used them before to replace a damaged remote thats covered under warranty, They wanted to charge $300 for a replacement as we mislaid the warranty card, Ended up going to Shamshuipo instead and got it fixed for $50.

The conclusion to this story is here.