computer blocking access to all internet websites that are secured

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

marcus lai: msn problem solved. most likely due to the link you gave me. thanks.

PDLM: kasperspy lab downloading the free virus scan now. let's see what it says.

PDLM: as per your intructions i went to check out both of those websites.

Kaspersky Lab detected the virus then i tried to download the AVG Anti-Virus but the computer wouldn't let me. ( i was able to download the software package, but not able to download it onto my computer).

i then downloaded spyware fighter when i tried to look up the virus. and now.... everything works again. but like i said, i know very little about computers. do u reckon the spyware fighter is not letting the virus do its work and therefore i am able to login to hsbc and hotmal etc. again? cuz i am sure the virus is still on the computer since i was unable to download anything to get rid of it.

thanks!

I'm not familiar with Spyware Fighter.

However, as a general rule when you get virused it's worth running whatever anti-virus tools you can get access to.

So now it's installed can you try to install AVG again?

hello sir, still cannot download AVG. i mean the software package is on my desktop-but i cannot actually download it. as for spyware fighter, after i registered and gave my e-mail, it doesn't work anymore-and those secure websites including e-mail & messenger-again could not get on anymore.

i ultimately downloaded PC tools Spyware Doctor... on the next reboot, it actually told me what it was blocking and that it was high threat. then i was able to do my online banking again.

so that's the situation. i'm not sure if Spyware Doctor expires. but if it does, i will try to go to isoHunt - the BitTorrent and P2P search engine and do a search and download a version with the license code already. only fully licensed versions can actually remove viruses but i'll leave it for now as it seems i am able to use my computer at least

Have you considered actually buying an anti-virus package rather than stealing one?

yes sir.... if all else fails...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2