Like Tree1Likes

Terminating an I-cable contract takes you through several hells

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I agree, Cable TV is royally fucked up. When I wanted to terminate the contract with them, it was hell and on top of that they wanted me to personally return the decoder box at their place. I told them, if they wanted the box they would have to come and collect it if they want it!

However, I think I have been lucky with PCCW though. I have never experienced any issues with them and the CSRs ar always polite and the service is good as well. Recently, we had to move and had to relocate the Internet as as well as Now TV. After the relocation, there was some problem with the NOW TV hanging and they immediately came and replaced the decoder.

PS: No, I don't work for PCCW. Just an ordinary customer.

I-Cable Su**s

I had an I-cable contract in 2007. It was terminated in 2008. There was no problem. And then suddenly in 2010 of April, I got an autopay charge to my credit card from them. I then complained to my credit card company. My credit card company then enquired from the other party and I-cable showed them the contract in 2007. I said if I am getting services from them, wouldnt I be charged from 2008 until March of 2010 also? Thank god, I still have the email from I-cable confirming the termination in 2008. My cc company said that it still keeps on charging though so what they did was just to change my cc number. I have filed a complaint with OFTA. Just imagine if I don't have that email anymore. This is utter fraud. So I've learned my lesson, each autopay should go to a separate credit card. Then when I terminate a contract, I should also ask the bank to change the credit card number. What a hassle. This is the worse company I have dealt with. I will never ever ever use them for anything again. Also, since I-Cable is owned by Wharf, I will not be patronizing any of their services/products at all. Does anybody know where else can I vent this case (media, police)?

I've spent HOURS to cancel the internet contract. They tried to give me a good deal HK$80 dollars a month or something and then I said NO already. I said i'm calling to cancel not to extend!! She tried to ask me to ask my friends and family. So I said I don't have any friends and family to join this deal! Finally, I had to put the phone down as it's far too long on the phone to terminate a contract.
    When I tried to arrange the Cable TV installation due to worldcup. I made an appointment for 30th installation and until 9th June. I still can't get it installed due to bad weather, missing the appointment and the workmen are too busy , they can't make it to my place! I said what's the whole point of making appointment!! Icable has the worst service in HK!!!

You can say PCCW sucks, but I cable sucks yet in another league. I am pretty ok with PCCW in comparison.
    lol yea, that's very true...

PCCW is bad, but iCable takes the cake...

I think I'll just start sending all my stuff through snail mail again...

bluevalentine, have u returned the box by yourself? I have to return it too! I may send it by registered post!

Urgent: Termination of I-Cable Services Advice

Hi there

Im trying to terminate my contract with i-cable and having some problems with them. Can I please know how you terminate it? I sent them the termination form together with my letter as Im moving to somewhere where no i-Cable services can be provided. But there is no reply from them. And how can you return the box to them?

Thanks

Yeda

Quote Originally Posted by val23:
    I had an I-cable contract in 2007. It was terminated in 2008. There was no problem. And then suddenly in 2010 of April, I got an autopay charge to my credit card from them. I then complained to my credit card company. My credit card company then enquired from the other party and I-cable showed them the contract in 2007. I said if I am getting services from them, wouldnt I be charged from 2008 until March of 2010 also? Thank god, I still have the email from I-cable confirming the termination in 2008. My cc company said that it still keeps on charging though so what they did was just to change my cc number. I have filed a complaint with OFTA. Just imagine if I don't have that email anymore. This is utter fraud. So I've learned my lesson, each autopay should go to a separate credit card. Then when I terminate a contract, I should also ask the bank to change the credit card number. What a hassle. This is the worse company I have dealt with. I will never ever ever use them for anything again. Also, since I-Cable is owned by Wharf, I will not be patronizing any of their services/products at all. Does anybody know where else can I vent this case (media, police)?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeda:
    Hi there

Im trying to terminate my contract with i-cable and having some problems with them. Can I please know how you terminate it? I sent them the termination form together with my letter as Im moving to somewhere where no i-Cable services can be provided. But there is no reply from them. And how can you return the box to them?

Thanks

Yeda
    here's how i did it: i just stopped paying them. it worked...

does that really work? i need to terminate as well, but heard its gonna be virtually impossible...but given that they have no credit card details, i assume not paying might be a whole lot easier..unless of course they go Cable Guy on me..

Im thinking to stop the standing instruction (autopayment from my account) but Im thinking if i-Cable would sue me of any outstanding fees...

@ yeda - once you have sent them the termination form, you just need to wait for them to send you a letter by post which gives you the permission & address of the place where you can return the box to...we did it a while ago and had to return the box to a location in causeway bay.

Yeda likes this.