Like Tree1Likes

Terminating an I-cable contract takes you through several hells

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How long would they send you the letter? There's no response after sending them the termination form by fax! sigh... Im SO MAD!!!!!!! They are just scammers!

Quote Originally Posted by kreeayetor:
    @ yeda - once you have sent them the termination form, you just need to wait for them to send you a letter by post which gives you the permission & address of the place where you can return the box to...we did it a while ago and had to return the box to a location in causeway bay.

This termination form only by fax/snail mail is pure BS, and after I had a letter published in the SCMP regarding this matter strangely enough I was immediately contacted by a PCCW "manager" and my termination went through very smoothly indeed including full refund of money thy had, in my mind, illegally taken from my account.

Pr*cks,C*nts,Conmen and Wnkers is the politest i can think of for them!

P.S. What do you expect from a company where the culture of deceit starts at the very top with the chairman who was less than honest about his own academic qualifications?

Last edited by Cwbguy; 10-09-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Er, this thread is about - cable, not PCCW.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeda:
    Im thinking to stop the standing instruction (autopayment from my account) but Im thinking if i-Cable would sue me of any outstanding fees...
    they won't. it's not worth the hassle, legal cost and they don't even know what they can recover from you. hence they will not sue you.

i had sent several faxes plus snail mail and never heard from them. stopped paying and never head from them either. i threw away their equipment about 1 year later when i moved apartments.

Get a friggin life PDLM, go back hiking or something.

PCCW is included in this discussion.

What? You threw the equipment away and they never asked you back for the same??? You serious?? haha. sigh.. they are such a fking bastard. Giving me so much hassle to terminate it.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    they won't. it's not worth the hassle, legal cost and they don't even know what they can recover from you. hence they will not sue you.

i had sent several faxes plus snail mail and never heard from them. stopped paying and never head from them either. i threw away their equipment about 1 year later when i moved apartments.

@Yeda - took me a week to get the letter by snail mail, but took a friend in the same building as me close to a month! Not sure why the delay in their case.
    You could always try to get a cantonese speaking friend to call them and find out what is happening, that was what I did and it worked for me.

Resurrecting this as I cannot believe how much trouble it still is to cancel i-Cable. I can cancel electric, water and gas online - there is no option (that I can find) to do this with i-Cable. I can't even get through on the phone to the correct customer service person, keep getting re-routed and now waiting as "all the English speakers are too busy and will call you back soon".

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Resurrecting this as I cannot believe how much trouble it still is to cancel i-Cable. I can cancel electric, water and gas online - there is no option (that I can find) to do this with i-Cable. I can't even get through on the phone to the correct customer service person, keep getting re-routed and now waiting as "all the English speakers are too busy and will call you back soon".
    It seems with most so called "tech" companies in HK it is virtually impossible to cancel in a matter that would be called "tech friendly". We have had similar problems with HGC in the past like this.

I suggest you send them a registered mail letter to their correspondence address notifying them of your one month's notice to cancel services.

how about just going to the shop and getting it cancelled. I fthey say contact customer service, just shout back at them....did it once when they charged me extra for no reason, and it worked!