Asus eee 700 PC - connection to bigger monitor and keyboard possible?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I'm on the hunt for an eeePc 1000. 4gb mem,80gb SSD running Linux, so far no luck.
    Any pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid:
    I'm on the hunt for an eeePc 1000. 4gb mem,80gb SSD running Linux, so far no luck.
    Any pointers?
    Um... I'm pretty sure you've had no luck because such a thing doesn't exist. Asus list three models of EeePC 1000 on their website: the 1000 with 40GB SSD, the 1000H with 160GB hard drive, and the 1000HD with 80GB hard drive. The wikipedia article for Eee PC suggests that the 40GB SSD in the 1000 is in fact an 8GB SSD, plus an internally-mounted 32GB SDHC card.

I suspect I'll be looking at upgrading from my current 701 model to a 901 at some point towards the end of the year...

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Dcell

apologies but its been sold now to another member on here. Sorry
    no problem, i don't really need it. It's just a wannahave for me. Now i have some hunting to do when i am in HK

Quote Originally Posted by HKFella:
    I'm considering setting up Linux version of the eee 700 PC for elderly parents in another country to enable basic internet and e-mail access plus wordprocessing as the nearest thing to a simple "PC as an appliance".
    Something like this (not mine):

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

That setup Mr Moo looks mighty fine-also impressed that the Eee does not have to have lid open to work.
    I can see this with a hdtv setup in purple.