Bose Wave

Bose Wave

Does anyone have the Bose Wave music system and can comment on it ? Thanks.

Yes. It is quite excellent. Unbelievable depth of sound from such a small unit.

jgl

My flatmate had one... I didn't like it very much. The sound seemed boomy-deep and almost artificially rich, at the expense of clarity and balance.

My comparison probably wasn't all that fair as I was using a Linn Classik and small standalone speakers. As a device with a small clock radio format it's hard to beat.

Last edited by jgl; 06-06-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    My flatmate had one... I didn't like it very much. The sound seemed boomy-deep and almost artificially rich, at the expense of clarity and balance.

As a small clock radio though, it's hard to beat.

Agree, sounds very full and rich but deeply distorts/colors the original material.

Better than a clock radio but worse than most mini/micro stereo systems - and costs a multiple of either...

Interesting comments. For jazz and classical music, what would be a better choice ? I'm talking mini stereo systems in a similar price range. I am no audiophile, any suggestion is welcome.

jgl

My sneaking and always cynical suspicion is that Bose tweaks the thing with exaggerated bass to sound good during a short demo in a showroom.

Fatboy- half the point of the Bose seems to be that it's a radio. That's not so useful in HK unless you can understand Cantonese. Have you thought about getting a good internet-connected device instead?

I like my Wave so much I brought it with me from Canada, although had I known the poor state of FM radio here I would have had second thoughts.

Re: jgl's comments, it is bassy, but I also hear crisp highs. I like the sound. I also like the fact that I can replace a whole shelf of components with one little box. I suggest that we have different tastes and if you like it...