Like Tree20Likes

ipad or samsung somethin?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega
    Ipad anytime any day. I detest android as its just a cheap looking rip off from ios. Then again that is just my opinion and my taste and respect the fact that android lovers hate apple. Its what ever system you feel comfortable with. I have used both and switched from ios to android but after 6 months i threw the towel in and went back to ios. and no i do not consider myself technology challenged.
    please confirm which android tablet have you used? is this apples and oranges comparison?

have you compared ipad air vs xperia tablet z? I don't hate apple products, please tell me what advantages over ipad air over xperia tablet z? at the end of the day, it what suit your needs

ipad air very similar weight, spec and thickness as xperia tablet z, very similar prices,

I can plug and play video ( download and store on tablet, transfer to tv, phone, even my car stereo to play), control tablet with tv remote with mhl adaptor (sony im750), play at 1080p video

I have use 64 sdxc sd cards as well as up to 256 gb via usb flash drive ( without spending in excess of HK$7000 for ipad air 128gb

I can send apps, video and mp3 via Bluetooth and nfc

use ps3 dual shock 3 joypad on my tablet as standard

waterproof ipx7

use flash

1200 x 1900 10:16 ration screen is far better for movies /tv shows widescreen than 4:3 ratio on ipad (screen size almost same size of 7inch android when watching video in ipad 3/4/air) as there is massive black borders top and bottom, arguable that internet is better on 4:3 ratio though

i can customize with widgets, live wallpaper, launcher ( even make it look like ios or window mobile 8)
    Last edited by imparanoic; 01-11-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Cant comment on the ipad air as i couldnt get one this morning. I only had a ipad 1 when it comes to tablets and the wife has an ipad 2.
    My experience with android is the galaxy s2, i just couldnt stand the interface which is android. I still have it if anyone cares to buy it, sits around as a spare phone in case we get guests.
    Also when i have a mbp and an imac, time machine along with a couple of atv's, introducing an android system isnt very praticle.

scrambler likes this.

actually thats a point! she been snappin away on her samsung galaxy mini,, how she gonna get those onto her ipda? ( an i mean on an ongoin basis? )

the nexus 7 for 1500 ish is quite attractive now I think about it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega
    Cant comment on the ipad air as i couldnt get one this morning. I only had a ipad 1 when it comes to tablets and the wife has an ipad 2.
    My experience with android is the galaxy s2, i just couldnt stand the interface which is android. I still have it if anyone cares to buy it, sits around as a spare phone in case we get guests.
    Also when i have a mbp and an imac, time machine along with a couple of atv's, introducing an android system isnt very praticle.
    I actually owned a ipad mini ( won from company raffle), 16gb sold it for almost list price HK$2400 on yahoo auction unopened, I have actually used my sister in law ipad 3prior, it's great for internet and facetime, but she said with out internet connection, pretty useless, ie, when she went to Brisbane, south Africa and Germany, no wifi or expensive cost for wifi at hotels

but on the other hand, my almost 80 year old uncle, who probably has never used a computer ever or surf the net, it's great as he uses facebook and facetime as well as simple games

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler

but if the price is close to ipad then I might jus get that - cos me bruv in law etc all got iphone/ipad so they can tech support her if need be?
    If your family already has iDevices, stick with the iPad. Facetime is a bit of a killer app compared to anything else that I've seen, unless your MIL is already perfectly happy with an alternative.

I've compared it against Skype and dedicated home videoconferencing gear. Nothing that I have seen beats Facetime for family communications.

We use a widescreen camera in top of the TV and skype with family on that.. Much superior to facetime for our needs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    We use a widescreen camera in top of the TV and skype with family on that.. Much superior to facetime for our needs.
    does your tv natively support Skype and camera ? please confirm make and model, just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    does your tv natively support Skype and camera ? please confirm make and model, just wondering
    No. The next one we get will though.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    If your family already has iDevices, stick with the iPad. Facetime is a bit of a killer app compared to anything else that I've seen, unless your MIL is already perfectly happy with an alternative.

I've compared it against Skype and dedicated home videoconferencing gear. Nothing that I have seen beats Facetime for family communications.
    yes, facetime is very decent, Skype is patchy at best and very flaky at worse
    scrambler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    yes, facetime is very decent, Skype is patchy at best and very flaky at worse
    Must be your internet connection or your computers, it has worked flawlessly for years for me.
    pandancake likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast