Like Tree3Likes

Noise cancelling headphones

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Noise cancelling headphones

I got my wife a pair of the Bose quietcomfort 15 headphones which are really nice and she loves them considering how often she is flying.
    Now Bose have brought out the ear bud version, I am thinking of getting a pair for myself.
    Is there any others in comparision? I only want the ear bud versions as the large ones are too awkward when walking around and on public transport.

had a pair of Bose ear buds that were non-noise cancelling. was decent and comfortable. but it broke done after about a year or two. personally wouldn't invest too much money on ear buds as they generally don't have very sturdy build. but is much easier to carry around though.

what I would like to know is are there any Bluetooth noise cancelling ear buds. regular Bluetooth ear buds seems to be about 1k or less range, but would like to have additional features such as noise cancelling.

I have Sony NC earbuds and they are nice. Sennheiser has them too now. If I would buy another set I would go with Sennheiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    had a pair of Bose ear buds that were non-noise cancelling. was decent and comfortable. but it broke done after about a year or two. personally wouldn't invest too much money on ear buds as they generally don't have very sturdy build. but is much easier to carry around though.
    Same here - I had the non-NC Bose ear buds and the wire connection started playing up after a year or so. It just wasn't very robust. I replaced them with some cheap ($300) Sony ear buds from Fortress and they're actually really good - and surviving the daily battering that they get from me.

I have the Bose QC 15 but I only ever use them for flying. Lifesaver especially if you're stuck in Economy with a load of screamers (babies and/or Chinese).

A review that might be of interest to you.

Noise cancelling ear buds from Bose have only been around since September.
    I got a pair in the end and for travelling they are great. Fell asleep with them on and could sleep on my side or back and not have them disturb me during a long flight.

bibbju and dossier like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Same here - I had the non-NC Bose ear buds and the wire connection started playing up after a year or so. It just wasn't very robust. I replaced them with some cheap ($300) Sony ear buds from Fortress and they're actually really good - and surviving the daily battering that they get from me.

I have the Bose QC 15 but I only ever use them for flying. Lifesaver especially if you're stuck in Economy with a load of screamers (babies and/or Chinese).
    am of chinese decent and have a baby coming. guess will have to get a pair to cancel my own noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Noise cancelling ear buds from Bose have only been around since September.
    I got a pair in the end and for travelling they are great. Fell asleep with them on and could sleep on my side or back and not have them disturb me during a long flight.
    know of a bluetooth noise cancelling ear buds?

if there are, then wouldn't mind getting a pair. less chance to break it since with wired ones, one of the easiest way to destroy it is to pull the wire too hard unintentionally. that's what happend to me one time.

if there aren't any, may just get a non-NC pair of bluetooth... pretty cheap compared with NC ear buds.

Just picked up the Jaybirds bluetooth ear buds for about 900ish somewhere in Wanchai electronic market. Excellent sound and battery life. Looking to pick up a new pair of "tips" (like Comply) but the ones that come with them are not that bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I got my wife a pair of the Bose quietcomfort 15 headphones which are really nice and she loves them considering how often she is flying.
    Now Bose have brought out the ear bud version, I am thinking of getting a pair for myself.
    Is there any others in comparision? I only want the ear bud versions as the large ones are too awkward when walking around and on public transport.
    Bose is the best for consumer level. Why not try the smaller foldable QC3? I have the new in-ear model and am very satisfied. They fit into my trousers pocket. I can set the sound level to minimum on my mobile phone and can still listen to very quiet music in the MTR. The battery is also awesome. One full charge lasts a week and recharging via USB is very quick.

Anybody interested? I want to sell it and buy the QC3 instead as I like the on-ear cushion better.
    Last edited by Azuremain; 16-12-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast