View Poll Results: Which of these social media sites are you using?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facebook only

13 44.83%
  • Twitter only

4 13.79%
  • Facebook & Twitter

5 17.24%
  • Neither

7 24.14%
Like Tree11Likes

Are you a facebook user, twitter or neither

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Have looked at twitter but most traffic is banal or banal advertising.

RSS newsfeeds seem to offer the same up to the minute news action less the advertising. (sparse RSS is current favorite as you get full text)

Still read the paper - does that count for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Still read the paper - does that count for anything?
    I stopped reading papers years ago. Don't see the point in reading yesterdays news. In this day and age of internet and 24/7 news channels, physical newspapers have the same destiny as the blackberry (in my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I stopped reading papers years ago. Don't see the point in reading yesterdays news. In this day and age of internet and 24/7 news channels, physical newspapers have the same destiny as the blackberry (in my opinion)
    I still enjoy a newspaper, but of the Saturday / Sunday UK-style edition. nothing better on a chilly weekend morning than curling up with a paper and a decent coffee. Husband brought back 2 on his return from UK on Sunday, I'm still reading them.

Doing the Sunday crossword on proper newspaper is the only way imho.
    Cwbguy likes this.

For people considering dating twitter users, see charts #4 and 5 on this blog :-) (Hilarious generally on dating and love lives)

http://blog.okcupid.com/

I find twitter a good way to catch up on news and connect with people and companies I randomly do business with.

I am more likely to respond to someone I don't know, on Twitter, compared to email.

Log into Facebook every few weeks... too much mundane personal stuff about people's lives, even after severely reducing the number of people I follow.

I am more likely to follow someone on Twitter or LinkedIn, than on Facebook.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4