Where to buy LG laptops?

Closed Thread

Where to buy LG laptops?

Hi all,

I'm currently shopping around for laptops right now, and am very interested in the LG-P300 model (13.3" with NVIDIA 8600M GS! I can barely believe the specs on this one.)

Anyway, the LG model is not available in the US, so I'd either be buying it from Hong Kong while I'm here this summer, or from Canada. I figure that while I'm here I may as well shop around to see if it can beat the prices in Canada and also actually have a look at it in real life beyond the pics posted online.

I know I can find stores selling the LG model on Broadway, but I've heard that's not where the best deals are. Do the shops in Mongkok & Wanchai offer the LG brands? Any particular shops to recommend if I'm looking for a good deal?

Thanks!

Well you can try:

Broadway
    Broadway Photo Supply Limited
    They are selling it for 16,980 with free 2GB ram so in total you will have 4GB.

Esdlife (I heard from a friend that they sell it a lot cheaper than Broadway and they have some freebie as well, but I have no idea where or what they are)

Mongkok Computer centre (Think I saw it in one of the shops)

Hope this helps

HKLP

Quote Originally Posted by HKLP:
    Hi all,

I'm currently shopping around for laptops right now, and am very interested in the LG-P300 model (13.3" with NVIDIA 8600M GS! I can barely believe the specs on this one.)

Anyway, the LG model is not available in the US, so I'd either be buying it from Hong Kong while I'm here this summer, or from Canada. I figure that while I'm here I may as well shop around to see if it can beat the prices in Canada and also actually have a look at it in real life beyond the pics posted online.

I know I can find stores selling the LG model on Broadway, but I've heard that's not where the best deals are. Do the shops in Mongkok & Wanchai offer the LG brands? Any particular shops to recommend if I'm looking for a good deal?

Thanks!
    Did you manage to get a hold of the L300?
    Thanks

Found the ESDLife site:

[url=http://shop.esdlife.com/b5/eshop/00SHOPESDSpecial/Shop2/EItemsDetail2.jsp?ACTION=ADD&eitems_code=LG_P300W& emerchant_code=Kings_EP]LG P300W

Did you manage to get a hold of the L300?
    I managed to find it at the Mong Kok Computer Centre, but it was an older model (CPU-wise, T7700) - the price I was quoted at Mong Kok was a bit cheaper than the one at ESD Life, so that's where I'd head to if you don't mind an older model CPU - still pretty fast at 2.4 GHz. I've heard of people finding newer models at Broadway, so that's where I'd try to find it if you want the newer CPU.

In the end, I decided on another laptop due to heat cycle defects with the nVidia mobile cards, though, so I didn't pursue finding the LG much further.