Like Tree3Likes

Need help setting up IP Camera

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Need help setting up IP Camera

I bought an IP Camera 6 months ago from Wan Chai computer centre. I am unable to set it up so I can use it over the internet. I think I need to set up the IP and DNS etc. Anyone here who can help me with this? I would not mind paying for it.

I started writing an answer to this but it got so complicated that I deleted it.

Have you tried Googling or Youtube? Lots of instructions online already.

Otherwise, Google around for PC handyman companies or ask at a computer centre. I'm sure a computer centre guy would be willing to do this.

That is the issue with everything I see... it is so technical. I cant seem to get the DNS to work with the camera. Which is why I would like someone to come over and see what I am doing wrong.

I will check on Google eventually. Thought I should leverage this group first

I went through hell trying to set it up, especially since I used an Apple Time Capsule.

Go to this guy in 298 Wanchai

http://kinson.0fees.net/KINSON-T6836WIP.htm

The newer version of webcam just requires you to scan the QR code and you are ready to view on the web, tablet or mobile phone. Saves you all the time and frustration. Only HKD320.

You probably need to set up an account with a free DDNS provider like no-ip.com and then enter that info into your router's DDNS settings. If your router supports DDNS.

Or just buy a foolproof IP camera as muzzdang suggests.

If people work in IT support the last thing they are likely to want to do in their spare time is go around to some stranger's house to fix more IT problems. It's like asking "hey, any accountants here want to pop around and take a quick look at my tax returns?" Hence my suggestion of looking for a home service.

I Googled these guys and they look like they do home visits. Or just ask around at a computer mall. Loads of young tech kids there would probably do it for cheap.

Last edited by jgl; 12-03-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    Rob2020 and nike439 like this.

Where do you live? there may be a kind soul on this board who lives nearby and doesn't mind popping over...

nike439 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Where do you live? there may be a kind soul on this board who lives nearby and doesn't mind popping over...
    Exactly what I was hoping for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nike439:
    Exactly what I was hoping for!!!
    Where do you live?

.... good luck getting help! positive vibes

I live in South Horizons, Ap Lei Chau.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast