Like Tree1Likes

Delonghi Dehumidifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatekisses
    we have a 3 bedroom apartment.. how big and what type of dehumidifier should we be looking for? .. i dont feel very humid in the house but our floor start to peel and wall bubble i'm not sure if that's cause by humidity , any suggestion?
    Required size of a dehumidifier depends on cubic footage of space and the placement of interior walls.

Like Lammarite, I think our Delonghis are blue but I am not swearing to that.

our place is about 1175 sq,ft do u just get one turn it on and open every door or do u just wheel it to every room? i've no clue~ never own one or needed one before

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatekisses
    our place is about 1175 sq,ft do u just get one turn it on and open every door or do u just wheel it to every room? i've no clue~ never own one or needed one before
    Going to depend on the placement of the interior walls. A big capacity unit could suck one room dry and then leave far-flung areas behind walls wetter.
    Best to sort of divide your space up into sections and buy a unit for each section. We have one floor that is pretty wide open, so we have one (bigger) unit. Another floor has a lot of interior walls so we use one on each end.
    And you need cubic feet, not square. Granted that it only becomes an issue if you have really high or low ceilings.
    Is your place that wet? The AC units will also dehumidify when they are running.

We were recommeneded the rowenta - and so far so good but must admit it is noisier than what I was led to beleive

I think that there is some pot luck involved with dehumidifers (the cheaper ones, at least). When I picked up a Rowenta RE150, I tried out two different units and took the quieter one.

It is about a year since this thread was last used and I wonder if you guys can say how your dehumidifiers are going now?

I have an LG unit I bought at Fortress 2 over 2 years ago. It is turned on almost full time, all year round. Still going strong, keeps the whole place dry now. Before using it full time, we would have minor issues with mold and bugs (silverfish love humid wood floors) but I haven't seen any of that in a long time.

The only issue is, when it is hot and humid, the dehumidifier can heat up a room pretty rapidly. That leads to the A/C being used, and up goes the electricity bill

No problemsm with any of ours and it has been 2-3 years. But we don't run them when the humidity drops, unless we decide we need them as heaters and it really doesn not get that cold here too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat
    It is about a year since this thread was last used and I wonder if you guys can say how your dehumidifiers are going now?
    Update on mine- the Rowenta started doing the freight train imitation with lots of really loud rattling noises. I too it apart, stuffed foam into various crannies and it went back to being relatively quiet. This took an hour and was a pretty frustrating excercise, and I wasn't all that impressed with the internal design of the unit so were I to get another one, I'd probably just save myself the hassle and get something better made to start with. It's not *bad* per se, but the units are designed to be low cost and so are inherently prone to becoming noisy over time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2