Where to find USB Audio Adaptor?

Closed Thread

Where to find USB Audio Adaptor?

Does anyone know where I can find a decent USB audio interface? I need a microphone input for my computer which doesn't have one. It will be for speech recognition so needs to be good quality (already have an expensive microphone so don't want to buy a USB microphone).

Recommended brands include Andrea, VXI and the Griffin iMic but I haven't been able to turn up anything but a cheap piece of crap that had so much noise that it was unusable.

Thanks
    JJ

you can find edirol and emu usb/firewire audio interfaces in the music stores. i know the diamond hill store in plaza hollywood keeps a stock of the edirol ones.

I don't do any recording (even though that is why we bought it), but keep a emu0202 for listening to music. Its fairly inexpensive and has a 5v mic input, but i think you have to go up to the 0404 for a balanced jack.

Thanks a lot Mike. These are probably overkill for what I need but they would certainly do the trick. As the price is also double that of the ones I was looking for, I'll keep looking for a while but this is a good fallback option.