Like Tree7Likes

Driverless cars - coming closer day by day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler

Surveillance? Haha, are you so naive to think that governments can't spy on you with current technology?
    No.

Are you suggesting we go back to the days before mobile phones and laptops?
    No.

I simply don't share your charitable view of Google. Look into its illegal collection of private wifi data in Europe, for instance. It would be nice if it would start paying tax too.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger
    No.

No.

I simply don't share your charitable view of Google. Look into its illegal collection of private wifi data in Europe, for instance. It would be nice if it would start paying tax too.
    So what do you plan to do about it then?

So what do you plan to do about it then?
    I have pointed out that Google isn't all sweetness and light. Information is power and Google understands that very well.

Now you want me to set out a plan for how I will stop its driverless cars?

Honestly, what is the point of you?

I have pointed out that Google isn't all sweetness and light. Information is power and Google understands that very well.

Now you want me to set out a plan for how I will stop its driverless cars?

Honestly, what is the point of you?
    To make those who are too foolish to also see the light. I have a soft heart for hard luck cases like you.

Honestly, you don't see what is wrong is with your statement? OK, then, good luck with your anti-Google crusade. I'm sure that will "change" minds. And they say I am stubborn here...

Google knows its drawbacks. If there were large enough blowback from governments or it customers, it will change and adapt accordingly. Surveillance? I'm not losing sleep over it.

Don't like new technology? Get over it.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 28-05-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Whether it's by malicious intent or accident, Bookblogger is certainly right. Perhaps within our lifetimes we will see the day when it is impossible to live offline/off grid.

OK, then, good luck with your anti-Google crusade.
    Why is criticism of Google an "anti-Google crusade"? Don't you appreciate the importance of freedom of speech?

I think it's absolutely legitimate to question the intents of multinational corporations, some of which have grown so large and ubiquitous that they are now effectively beyond the reach of any government oversight.

That's me done, you can knee-jerk contradict me again and have the last word.
    Watercooler likes this.

Why is criticism of Google an "anti-Google crusade"? Don't you appreciate the importance of freedom of speech?

I think it's absolutely legitimate to question the intents of multinational corporations, some of which have grown so large and ubiquitous that they are now effectively beyond the reach of any government oversight.

That's me done, you can knee-jerk contradict me again and have the last word.
    Look, you do have a point and I understand your concerns, post-Snowden revelations and all. But I think its rather overblown. Sounds to me you have watched too many Hollywood movies about evil mega-corporations taking over the world with their nefarious plans, a tad paranoid if you asked me.

Google or other large multinationals will never get away with blatant abuse. Not in today's age. The same online technology that allow such diminishing of privacy also means a corresponding diminishing of keeping secrets. Especially so if the secrets happen to be some nasty plan that preys on innocent civilians. Snowden may be the first, but he may very well not be the last of his kind.

You do have wikileaks after all. Technology cuts move ways. A double-edged sword for companies and governments.

But of course, you are going to ignore the substance of my point and just go on and on about how argumentative I am...when it is you who is the one being argumentative.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 28-05-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Will you need a driving licence to operate one?
    or even eyesight? Or age >6?
    Who's no claims takes hit in an accident?

Once they get these cars out on the road, I can reach the highest level of Laziness

That'll be some kind of programme that replaces minibus drivers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2