Like Tree2Likes

iphone connection to puter - no response

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

iphone connection to puter - no response

All of a sudden my iphone does not show a response when it's connected to the computer. NO battery charge indication, no itunes comes up, nothing, so I can.t retrieve the pictures on it and copy them to my hdd.

The battery has a problem but charges ( very slowly ) when connected to a wall socket,
    but even then the indication that it is charging does not compe up, just the % increases.

on computer side everything is fine as the other iphone I have connects without problem

Try the usual suspects first. Reboot both computer and iPhone. Check the USB cable for damage. If that doesn't help try to connect via a different USB port.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

the cable is fine as it works with the other iphone.
    switching on and off does not help either.
    Thanks for the hint with cleaning the iphone port pins, will try that.
    so you guys think it's a hardware problem.

Last edited by Morrison; 16-06-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Sounds like it. If you have backed up your phone recently you could try a hard reset (be warned this will clear all your apps and data). Otherwise best bet is to try cleaning the port as TigerSun suggested.

Failing that you should visit your nearest Apple store.

If it is only photos you need to back up, you can try syncing it to icloud and pulling the photos back online.

Thanks everyone for your input so far.
    In the past one cable worked well for both iphones.

Cloud is an option but I prefee direct connection to copy pics.

Have you tried the cable and iPhone on another computer? That will tell you if the problem is the iPhone port or not.

When you last used the iPhone with the computer, did it ask you whether you wanted to trust this computer and you accidentally press No?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Original Post Deleted
    Quite a good analogy for life in general, I feel.

Proplus, no, and no

to follow up on this, it was the cable, bought a new cable and was able to transfer pics to puter. battery charging is also ok again.

HOWEVER, when connecting iphone to puter, itunes still does not come up automatically.

Another problem is that I have tried to restore iphone but can.t go through the last step.
    iphone software update server can not be reached, somehow I got the feeling that an evil force always interrupts my wifi connection when it comes to the point to connect to update server.

oh, did I mention that another problem came up ?
    Before I tried to reset ( and after I used the new charger cable )
    active voice control always came up, while browsing or while just letting the iphone idle

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast