Local TV - How do I get it?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by timklip
    can ANYONE confirm that they have watched live full Olympic coverage (as opposed to a highlights package) on NOW?

I understand from here
    that i-Cable got the digital rights to live internet and mobile Olympic coverage...
    That info is out of date. You can watch on Pearl or NOW HD. NOW normal tv is only showing highlights.

Just to be clear, no ATV or TVB channels are transmiited over the NOW/PCCW broadband link.

If you have a NOW HD box then that integrates two things:
    - a NOW decoder
    - a digital terrestrial decoder

In order to receive the terrestrial channels you must be withing the terrestrial digital TV coverage area and have an antenna which is plugged into the NOW HD box.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    Hmm - I must be missing something because I don't have 80 English channels! Mind you, that might just be because we did not sign up to them.
    Well that's hardly grounds for saying how crap NOW is then is it?

Go to Welcome to now-tv.com select English and then "all now channels" to see the full list. There are over 80 English language channels.

But there are not 80 entertainment channels! Quite a few of those channels are sport (of no interest except for the olympics, which is not showing on them anyway); movies; documentaries (we have those because hubby likes them, but I wanted drama!); news (again, fine, but not drama!). Nobody seems to have any channels with good drama on it anymore.

Well you seem to have some pretty specific requirements - drama but not movies.

Don't 4 HBO channels, BBC Ent, Star World, AXN, and AN (a mix of all sorts) count? TV5 has some good stuff also if you can cope with French+English subtitles.

What channels would you like?

What I'd like are things like the main BBC/ITV channels (ok, it's been >10 yrs since I last saw them, but they were good back then!) and/or things like the Aussie channels (7,9,10)...

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    What I'd like are things like the main BBC/ITV channels
    Not going to happen with BBC/ITV closest you'll get is BBC World which has some of the BBC stuff on that channel.

ITV is not available and I do believe there are some aussie channels available, Just trying to remember which ones as I last had NOW about 2 years ago.

There are 2 BBC adult channels currently: BBC World, BBC Entertainment, plus some kids channels.
    And Australia Network for Australian stuff.

AN is one of the basic free channels. The BBC channels are extra for money.

For news I am rapidly coming to the view that the best option available here is Al-Jazeera. It is really quite impressive (sort of like the Beeb let off the leash a bit).

Last edited by PDLM; 10-08-2008 at 10:11 PM.

Yes, please advise as to how I can watch the Olympics?! This seems insane that I am in HK and am having trouble watching them.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM
    There are 2 BBC adult channels currently: BBC World, BBC Entertainment, plus some kids channels.
    And Australia Network for Australian stuff.

AN is one of the basic free channels. The BBC channels are extra for money.

For news I am rapidly coming to the view that the best option available here is Al-Jazeera. It is really quite impressive (sort of like the Beeb let off the leash a bit).
    Also BBC Knowledge and BBC Lifestyle.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast