Like Tree38Likes

Go Pro Clones

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Picked one up and now fully charged.....then I realized I forgot to get an SD card....

Was tempted for a fraction of a second to get the wireless version for HK$950, but then reality hit that I wouldn't even get the HK$300 worth out of it.

You are saying there is now a wireless version of the sj4000?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    You are saying there is now a wireless version of the sj4000?
    When I asked for the SJ4000 (non-wireless) by its Chinese name "San Gow" (Mountain Dog), the salesperson went the non-wireless is the SJ3000 model.

Tested to see if it worked properly in the shop, and checked the box to see if it was fake or not:

The difference between Original and Fake SJ4000 | FoxOffer.com Blog

Mine is the SJ4000 (but it doesn't actually say that in the manual or on the box).

The wireless version I saw had very similar packaging as the SJ4000, but in light blue instead of red, and next to the cam was a wristband. For HK$300 more, I'm thinking it won't wireless send the picture, but just uses a wireless remote on the wristband:

Ah yes, just a remote, not live feed.
    I did like the iphone app with the gopro.

Its good to have a friend that knows this stuff well. Just Facetime'd him and shown him my cam and he confirms its not a fake, and he speculates that the wireless version I saw is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    Ah yes, just a remote, not live feed.
    I did like the iphone app with the gopro.
    Yes, I managed to play with that the other day, but there is a small lag, but if using it as a viewfinder to get the angle right, it is very good.

Just took it for a test drive out and about in TST. I put the settings at 720p @ 60fps and whacked it in a 32Gb micro SD card.

On full charge got just under 2 hours of continuous recording, and at 720p, the picture is not bad at all (used just under 12Gb). One minor issue I have with it is that when shooting indoors, it tends to record the lighting with a yellowish tinge.

I'll give it another full charge tonight and switch it to 1080p @ 30fps and see if theres any difference in battery performance much, and how much storage it'll need at that resolution.

One gripe I have with all the mounts (apart from having so many ones that I'll probably never use) is that with the clip holder (so I clip it to my rucksack), it just takes the SJ4000 itself and not with the waterproof case. It just want to use the clip with the waterproof case for a little more added protection from rain splatter or if I drop it.

I popped into a camera shop, and one solution I saw for that was to get a CamPro clip which comes in at HK$600+, thats nearly more than the SJ4000 itself!

Last edited by Proplus; 05-08-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into....buying the SJ4000 has opened up a can of worms, as I can't stop looking and salivating over accessories, there's so many I want!

After hours of playing about, I finally figured out what all the mounts and bits in the box does, and I've finally got the SJ4000 in the waterproof case on a quick release catch on the strap on my rucksack. Success.

Considering one of the mounts is a standard tripod screw one, that opens up a huge world to what extra mounts (tripods, selfie poles) I can get. And after watching a review video on mounts on Youtube, it seems I can use GoPro mounts for the SJ4000 (but not vice versa).

To future-proof it, I'm trying to hunt down a lens cap of some sort. I might have to slap a lens filter kit on just to get a lens cap.

wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    To future-proof it, I'm trying to hunt down a lens cap of some sort. I might have to slap a lens filter kit on just to get a lens cap.
    Just get a backup case for USD20.
    Proplus likes this.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast