Like Tree38Likes

Go Pro Clones

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    When I asked for the SJ4000 (non-wireless) by its Chinese name "San Gow" (Mountain Dog), the salesperson went the non-wireless is the SJ3000 model.

Tested to see if it worked properly in the shop, and checked the box to see if it was fake or not:

The difference between Original and Fake SJ4000 | FoxOffer.com Blog

Mine is the SJ4000 (but it doesn't actually say that in the manual or on the box).

The wireless version I saw had very similar packaging as the SJ4000, but in light blue instead of red, and next to the cam was a wristband. For HK$300 more, I'm thinking it won't wireless send the picture, but just uses a wireless remote on the wristband:

Its good to have a friend that knows this stuff well. Just Facetime'd him and shown him my cam and he confirms its not a fake, and he speculates that the wireless version I saw is fake.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, I managed to play with that the other day, but there is a small lag, but if using it as a viewfinder to get the angle right, it is very good.

Just took it for a test drive out and about in TST. I put the settings at 720p @ 60fps and whacked it in a 32Gb micro SD card.

On full charge got just under 2 hours of continuous recording, and at 720p, the picture is not bad at all (used just under 12Gb). One minor issue I have with it is that when shooting indoors, it tends to record the lighting with a yellowish tinge.

I'll give it another full charge tonight and switch it to 1080p @ 30fps and see if theres any difference in battery performance much, and how much storage it'll need at that resolution.

One gripe I have with all the mounts (apart from having so many ones that I'll probably never use) is that with the clip holder (so I clip it to my rucksack), it just takes the SJ4000 itself and not with the waterproof case. It just want to use the clip with the waterproof case for a little more added protection from rain splatter or if I drop it.

I popped into a camera shop, and one solution I saw for that was to get a CamPro clip which comes in at HK$600+, thats nearly more than the SJ4000 itself!

Last edited by Proplus; 05-08-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into....buying the SJ4000 has opened up a can of worms, as I can't stop looking and salivating over accessories, there's so many I want!

After hours of playing about, I finally figured out what all the mounts and bits in the box does, and I've finally got the SJ4000 in the waterproof case on a quick release catch on the strap on my rucksack. Success.

Considering one of the mounts is a standard tripod screw one, that opens up a huge world to what extra mounts (tripods, selfie poles) I can get. And after watching a review video on mounts on Youtube, it seems I can use GoPro mounts for the SJ4000 (but not vice versa).

To future-proof it, I'm trying to hunt down a lens cap of some sort. I might have to slap a lens filter kit on just to get a lens cap.

wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    To future-proof it, I'm trying to hunt down a lens cap of some sort. I might have to slap a lens filter kit on just to get a lens cap.
    Just get a backup case for USD20.
    Proplus likes this.

Proplus- does the 60fps setting really work? An older Technmoan review indicated that it didn't do anything but perhaps it's finally been fixed.

I've read at 720p it's like 30fps x 2, but I haven't compared it yet to the standard 30fps. Tbh, I've read about the latest firmware, checked to see mine was it, but never went back to see what it improved on.

I'm considering getting one of these. I only really want it for the zombie run in a couple of months though.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast