Like Tree38Likes

Go Pro Clones

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Kinda curious- what do you do with all the stuff that you shoot?

I don't bother with action cameras (after toying with one for several months) as they just generate too much data to store, it's very time consuming to edit the stuff afterwards and there is way too much skill involved creating interesting footage.
    I stick them on an online account where my missus' family and mine can view them online wherever they are scattered all over the world. I do the uploading at work as my broadband is way too slow for that.

Part of my job also involves teaching people how to use certain apps, and its taken me years to learn stuff like iMovies, Final Cut Pro and Motion, so my videos come in handy for me to mess around with the apps' functions to get to know them.
    jgl likes this.

Agreed. The selfie stick is definitely handy. I record most of the time during at outdoor event/sports. But im having a hard time trying to learn the gopro edit apps on desktop and i gave up trying to edit all my videos.

My son has a GoPro Hero3+Black and I own an SJ4000, I don't know why people would buy a GoPro. The only advantage of the GoPro is that little LCD display at the front to help with the selfie confirmation that picture has been taken.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    My son has a GoPro Hero3+Black and I own an SJ4000, I don't know why people would buy a GoPro. The only advantage of the GoPro is that little LCD display at the front to help with the selfie confirmation that picture has been taken.
    Depends on a few things really:

- with the newer model (Hero 4) you're looking at 4k. Then there's the super wide angle mode which is great for outdoor activity shooting.

- the need to look cool with a Go Pro.

- you can get 2nd hand ones of previous models quite cheap now.

The reason I got one was explained earlier in this thread, cost me less than around $1500.

Surprisingly I find the SJ4000 to shoot better at low light conditions compared to the Go Pro, whilst I notice a definite clearer and sharper picture with tech Go Pro even at 720p.
    jgl likes this.

GoPro's bigger resolution just means I have more bigger files to mess around with. I ain't no videographer so the videos that I take are probably never going to be seen on any 4K tv. I just cut and paste a few clips in iMovie, add a track and send off for sharing. That said, the GoPro is better in many cases than the clones, but not 5x better Is my point. I've gone snokelling with the clone and if the case leaks and the camera is done, no biggie. But it's a little different if the camera costs $4k. My point is psychologically I am willing to do anything with the cheap clone but not with the real deal - and as they say, a camera kept in the drawer is a paperweight. Actually, my selfie stick costs almost as much as the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    GoPro's bigger resolution just means I have more bigger files to mess around with. I ain't no videographer so the videos that I take are probably never going to be seen on any 4K tv. I just cut and paste a few clips in iMovie, add a track and send off for sharing. That said, the GoPro is better in many cases than the clones, but not 5x better Is my point. I've gone snokelling with the clone and if the case leaks and the camera is done, no biggie. But it's a little different if the camera costs $4k. My point is psychologically I am willing to do anything with the cheap clone but not with the real deal - and as they say, a camera kept in the drawer is a paperweight. Actually, my selfie stick costs almost as much as the camera.
    I understand where you're coming from, rather like my attitude towards sunglasses. When I was young I'd buy these cheaper sunglasses and I wouldn't take care of them, either scratching them or losing them altogether. But since I forked out for a pair of Oakleys (a lot of money when you're in your late teens) I've kept them pristine for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I understand where you're coming from, rather like my attitude towards sunglasses. When I was young I'd buy these cheaper sunglasses and I wouldn't take care of them, either scratching them or losing them altogether. But since I forked out for a pair of Oakleys (a lot of money when you're in your late teens) I've kept them pristine for years.
    Hows the duplicate battery? Burnt yet? lol.

And fyi, there is a new gopro coming out soon! Gopro Session - Small cube size. Compare with spec and stuff - 1440/30frame or a new feature of Ultra Wide. Tsk. Small and light, perfect for everything including POV

Perfect apart from the price. $400 USD

FFS

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Perfect apart from the price. $400 USD

FFS
    Lol, gopro4 is still better but size for that kind of spec.... GG.

Quote Originally Posted by alfread:
    Hows the duplicate battery? Burnt yet? lol.

And fyi, there is a new gopro coming out soon! Gopro Session - Small cube size. Compare with spec and stuff - 1440/30frame or a new feature of Ultra Wide. Tsk. Small and light, perfect for everything including POV
    I get about an hour out of recording from these cheap batteries, so well worth it for the price I paid, just have them with you as spares.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast