Like Tree38Likes

Go Pro Clones

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Go Pro Clones

Having seen some of my colleagues video footages, I've been tempted to get one of these cameras. What does put me off, in terms of how much I'll be using it and not a huge demand on the video quality, is the price of the Go Pro models.

My colleagues then pointed me a Chinese clone which I can't quite recall the name. On hunting around the internet, I found the Xbase SJ4000 HD which I think is the one they were referring to:

XBase SJ4000 Full HD Sports Camera (Silver) Prices & Features - Expansys Hong Kong (?? ?????)

....I mean HKD$759, how bad can it be? I've looked on a few review sites and have been pretty impressed for what you can get for that low price.

Apart from ordering it online, does anyone know where I can purchase one in a shop? Would like to see it in person first, and see what accessories I can get for it.

Going to 298 today. Will keep an eye out .. there is a camera / video shop which sells cheap made in china devices, on the 1st floor.

Proplus and emx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    Apart from ordering it online, does anyone know where I can purchase one in a shop? Would like to see it in person first, and see what accessories I can get for it.
    Accessories? You use the standard GoPro accessories for it. Original lens caps and cases don't fit though as the form factor isn't identical.

Get extra batteries- one battery only lasts about 15 minutes.
    Proplus likes this.

Thanks jgl, extra batteries will be a must, at around $90 each they're more cumbersome to carry than being expensive. On further research, it seems the cam comes with all sorts of mounts.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Indeed there are many clones out there. I've owned a gopro 3 and a couple of the clones - one from the manufacturer you linked to -(SJ1000).

I'm sure the SJ4000 would do the job and have comparable video quality.
    The main missing feature would be live videofeed wifi connect.
    Techmoan - Techmoan is an excellent reviewer of many of these clones.
    If you decided to go gopro, I think beecrazy has the best prices right now.

I had a couple of clones, then I got a Garmin Virb Elite. My mates have all gone from clones to the GoPro or Garmin Virb...my tip...if you think you'll use it, spend the extra.

Sent from my HM 1SW using GeoClicks mobile app

On the other hand, a clone is a good way to test the waters.

I bought one and after a couple of weeks found that I have bugger all interest in filming POV clips.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    On the other hand, a clone is a good way to test the waters.

I bought one and after a couple of weeks found that I have bugger all interest in filming POV clips.
    I'm not a filming enthusiast and I have never edited any footages (but will give it a small whirl).

I'll be taking it on day trips and any future holidays abroad, and have a good play with it strapped to my dog.

I got mine from Foxoffer. Batteries were USD4 each instead of HKD90.

The camera comes with lots of mounts. You may need to use sandpaper to roughen the contact points in the mount joints to keep the camera from gradually shifting position.

Last edited by jgl; 02-08-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    emx and imparanoic like this.

Thanks, I have read about sanding down edges of the mounts.

Off to SSP in a mo, got a quote for one from a shop for hkd650.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast