Aus to HK Power Extension board

Aus to HK Power Extension board

Hi all,

I will be moving to Aus soon and would like to buy power extension board with China (3 flat pins main plug) to multi HK style power extension board.

Can you pls you let me know where can buy these in HK?

Thanks!

why do you want a China main plug for Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere:
    why do you want a China main plug for Australia?
    Probably cause they are similar, i.e. flat angled pins, although they are mounted the other way round in Oz (Not an upside down Ozzie joke either )

No luck at the butcher, heh. I would try either the electronic stores or a computer centre.

I would buy a normal HKpower bar and then just one little Aussie to HK adaptor. Or go to ApLeiStreet and ask one of the proprietors to take a HK power bar, strip off the plug and add an Aussie plug, and while you're at it, ask him to reduce the length of the cord to about 1/2 metre since you really do not need that whole length of cord. Presto done. I would get a few like that to place around the house in Aus if you have a lot of HK style plugs that you need to charge.

Just make sure the only things you plug into this has a auto switch between 100-240.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    I would buy a normal HKpower bar and then just one little Aussie to HK adaptor. Or go to ApLeiStreet and ask one of the proprietors to take a HK power bar, strip off the plug and add an Aussie plug, and while you're at it, ask him to reduce the length of the cord to about 1/2 metre since you really do not need that whole length of cord. Presto done. I would get a few like that to place around the house in Aus if you have a lot of HK style plugs that you need to charge.

Just make sure the only things you plug into this has a auto switch between 100-240.
    this is an power cable extension with multiple sockets, nothing to do with step down transformer, ie, does not 100 - 240 conversion

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    this is an power cable extension with multiple sockets, nothing to do with step down transformer, ie, does not 100 - 240 conversion
    no need, China is 220 same as Australia (220/240)

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere:
    no need, China is 220 same as Australia (220/240)
    I know that, there were a few people importing ps3 to Australia before au release way back in 2006, there is no need for step down converter