Does PCCW throttle bit torrent?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Downloading for personal use in Hong Kong is NOT a criminal offence - the legislation is pretty black and white on that. The copyright holder does, of course, have the right to take legal action in a civil court ie sue for damages.

Distribution (uploading) in Hong Kong IS a criminal offence. It is not clear in HK whether that would include the normal uploading the average BT client does. As far as I am aware there has never been a successful prosecution on those grounds - whereas Chan Nai-Ming was prosecuted for creating the torrent tracker file.

I know what he is talking about and its precisely why I phrased my answer the way I did.

If you want TV legally you can get it as a download or as a stream ( by using a paid proxy server in most cases ) and having a paid subscription (if required) in the origin country. What other people may or may not do is between them and their God / ISP. The use of proxy servers are not illegal. The term " available in XXX country " has not been proven to be a legal requirement for you to physically exist there. The server does and ipso facto so therefore do you until legislation says otherwise.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6