apple ipod touch & cell -couple of questions

apple ipod touch & cell -couple of questions

sooo, hhhhmm, I Have been using a 3GS since 2010 and it still works fine.
    For some reason I will have to exchange the camera, will cannibalize an old 3
    for that which - mysteriously- takes better pictures.

QUESTION: can I still get a new original battery for my 3 and at what cost ?
    Right now charge is good for 1/2 day.

I have found my cell phone quite reliable & fast, software-wise and that's why I am contemplating about buying an ipod touch 5th gen.

QUESTION:does anyone know whether the camera is the same as in the iphone 6?
    And does the cheapest version 16GB come with a back camera now ?
    Or still only with front camera for selfies ?

QUESTION: and is it really worth it to fork out 200$$( hehe ) or better buy an older ipodtouch version,perhaps even second hand.
    Right now I need a machine that is light & reliable,and right there in case I lose my cell AND I need something as a second device to voice record text from the kindle reader I have on my cell while on the road.

An iPhone 3G? Even I can't recall the price for a replacement battery for that, but I do have the impression I told someone it's not worth it and to put that money towards a new phone instead. At a rough estimate, a battery will be around $300-400.

Eventually, I got my hands on an ipodTouch 4th generation, with 6, something OS.

Strangely, the Safari browser crashes quite frequently, never(?) had this problem with my iphone though. What could be the reason for that.
    And what's the best alternative browser for ipod ? Opera ?

Best bet is to try Sin Tat in Mong Kok. If batteries for the 3GS are still available they will have it.

Regarding the iPod Touch 5G camera - it is 5 megapixels so not as good when compared to the 8 megapixels camera in the iPhone 6. The cheapest iPod Touch (16GB version) has no rear facing camera at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Eventually, I got my hands on an ipodTouch 4th generation, with 6, something OS.

Strangely, the Safari browser crashes quite frequently, never(?) had this problem with my iphone though. What could be the reason for that.
    And what's the best alternative browser for ipod ? Opera ?
    Its advisable to update to latest OS. Or you can try to backup, reset and restore it.

that is the latest OS for that model !!!
    And I did a reset after I got it..