New Browser from Google

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah:
    no mac version yet...grr
    Be lucky to see one this year, I think a Linux version will appear before hand.

sadly, I'm aware. honestly I don't mind but i just want a chance to play with it a little bit... the new safari is so much like firefox, i may have converted to it, don't know as though i need a 3rd browser.

Well so far I find Google Chrome fast without disadvantage, not for me anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinrej:
    Well so far I find Google Chrome fast without disadvantage, not for me anyways.
    Which website do you find it fast on? Note that the google toolkit is inbuilt to this browser making all websites using it fast (obviously making google pages very fast). Also to note is that it has javascript pre-compile which will make javascript faster.

To me this browser is less of a generic browser, more of an new google application that also allows you to browse.

Wise comments there krypton.

Quote Originally Posted by krypton:
    Which website do you find it fast on? Note that the google toolkit is inbuilt to this browser making all websites using it fast (obviously making google pages very fast). Also to note is that it has javascript pre-compile which will make javascript faster.

To me this browser is less of a generic browser, more of an new google application that also allows you to browse.
    F1 Club Philippines
    IE took 7 seconds, Chrome 5 seconds

CNN
    IE took 16 seconds
    Chrome 12 seconds

Cnet
    IE took 15 seconds
    Chrome 13 seconds

I timed those using a stop watch from the moment I press enter until the page finish loading.

I noticed fast browsing on about 90 percent of sites I go. Also I noticed Chrome is less of a memory hog than IE.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinrej:
    F1 Club Philippines
    IE took 7 seconds, Chrome 5 seconds

CNN
    IE took 16 seconds
    Chrome 12 seconds

Cnet
    IE took 15 seconds
    Chrome 13 seconds

I timed those using a stop watch from the moment I press enter until the page finish loading.

I noticed fast browsing on about 90 percent of sites I go. Also I noticed Chrome is less of a memory hog than IE.
    IE being the slowest, it's not that hard to beat

Actually in my observation its also faster than Firefox 3 albeit not much faster unlike when you compared it with IE.

Thats a standard reply. Firefox had to go through this for years before being officially supported.