Has anyone else noticed Google seems to be REALLY slow today?

Closed Thread

Has anyone else noticed Google seems to be REALLY slow today?

I wondered if half the world was downloading their new browser and killing the normal search engine for the rest of us?

No, but they had major issues yesterday, 5:30-6:30pm, almost everything went down.

Moving : they've had problems for the last 24 hours. Not related to the browser. That is a minor blip for them given the amount of bandwidth thats consumed for the rest of their services.

Glad to see it's not just me. I've been trying to get to gmail for about 3 hours and keep getting the old page not found message....

ok thanks. I had to (shock horror) revert to yahoo for my searching! Took a few minutes to remember who else did search engines!

Google is slow for me too, but since last night, I can't access any Blogger/Blogspot sites (including my own). Is anyone else having the same problem? Friends in Brazil and the US aren't having any issues, and I've done everything I can think of on my end to see if it's an issue with my laptop.

Broadband connection?

I am facing same kind of problems today but with everything that has to go through the broadband of netvigator (like connecting to our server in Europe...).
    Could that be a connection problem?
    It started already on Monday and is irregular...

am using i-cable and google is as snappy as ever. No problem with google mail throuh apps as well. Maybe a provider issue?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    No, but they had major issues yesterday, 5:30-6:30pm, almost everything went down.
    Google Apps, went down too?
    Normally it has just a few outages that last minutes every few days.

Last time we went down was on 20th of January 2007, for a scheduled storage upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    Google Apps, went down too?
    One Google Apps rebooted near lunch time and when I came back I was at the login screen. In the late afternoon a different domain along side youtube content was unavailable, the youtube templates were up though. Odd.