Like Tree57Likes

How many of you like vaping?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison
    You dont even know what you are talking about, the addiction is always the same, to nicotine.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    you're right, may be i just got lucky
    I had been smoking for only about 15 years, 2-3 pack per day, filtered/non-filtered. struggled to totally quit in 1 month, even feel sick if i smell any cig smoke now.

congrats!
    What brands did you smoke?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

To quote true detective season 2. Vaping is like sucking a robot dick.

Claire ex-ax and Mamba like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison
    You dont even know what you are talking about, the addiction is always the same, to nicotine.
    There are tests that have shown that nicotine by itself is not addictive.

I've quit cigarettes for 8 months now (having smoked over 20 years) with the help of vaping. I've gone from 12mg of nicotine, down to 9, 3 and now 0. If you wish to meet for a drink and discuss anything vaping related, I'd be happy to do so.

I'm not going to come in here and tell you that vaping is as healthy as eating quinoa and kale, but it's most definitely much healthier than smoking cigarettes.
    HK_Katherine and Mefisto like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wayland
    There are tests that have shown that nicotine by itself is not addictive.

I've quit cigarettes for 8 months now (having smoked over 20 years) with the help of vaping. I've gone from 12mg of nicotine, down to 9, 3 and now 0. If you wish to meet for a drink and discuss anything vaping related, I'd be happy to do so.

I'm not going to come in here and tell you that vaping is as healthy as eating quinoa and kale, but it's most definitely much healthier than smoking cigarettes.
    Do you have a credible link showing that nicotine is not addictive? I have repeatedly read and been told that nicotine is as addictive as Herion.

Tobacco is as addictive as heroin (as a mood & behavior altering agent).
    • Nicotine is:
      • 1000 X more potent than alcohol
      • 10-100 X more potent than barbiturates
      • 5-10 X more potent than cocaine or morphine

• A 1-2 pack per day smoker takes 200-400 hits daily for years. This constant intake of a fast acting drug (which affects mood, concentration & performance).. eventually produces dependence.

Pressures to relapse are both behaviorally &pharmacologically triggered.

The best way to beat the nicotine addiction is to stop using the drug. Chewing gum, wearing a patch or vaping (nicotine) is only replacing how the drug is administered.

Just quit cold turkey. Interesting fact regarding nicotine addiction in the US. There are now more "former" nicotene users than there are current users.

It is a bitch to quit, but take comfort in knowing that millions of people have done it. If they can do it, so can you.
    wtbhotia and aslan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket
    Do you have a credible link showing that nicotine is not addictive? I have repeatedly read and been told that nicotine is as addictive as Herion.

Tobacco is as addictive as heroin (as a mood & behavior altering agent).
    • Nicotine is:
      • 1000 X more potent than alcohol
      • 10-100 X more potent than barbiturates
      • 5-10 X more potent than cocaine or morphine

• A 1-2 pack per day smoker takes 200-400 hits daily for years. This constant intake of a fast acting drug (which affects mood, concentration & performance).. eventually produces dependence.

Pressures to relapse are both behaviorally &pharmacologically triggered.

The best way to beat the nicotine addiction is to stop using the drug. Chewing gum, wearing a patch or vaping (nicotine) is only replacing how the drug is administered.

Just quit cold turkey. Interesting fact regarding nicotine addiction in the US. There are now more "former" nicotene users than there are current users.

It is a bitch to quit, but take comfort in knowing that millions of people have done it. If they can do it, so can you.
    http://tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/conten...ol-2014-051943

Quitting cold turkey is an obvious choice. Albeit, not such an easy one for many people. Vaping provides an alternative means of controlling your nicotine consumption while still providing the user with the physical feedback loop of smoking a cigarette.

That's an interesting stat about 'former' vs 'current' users. I'm not disputing it, but stats can be misleading. How is a 'former user' defined? The kid who tried a pack and never continued? Does the former statistic include dead people? lol

I'm curious as to your thoughts on nicotine addiction. Nicotine in itself, not as a part of a cigarette. I doubt nicotine in itself is cancer causing.

Again, I'm not championing vaping as a healthy activity. But in comparison to cigarettes, I'm curious to see why people are so against it.
    Mefisto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wayland

Quitting cold turkey is an obvious choice. Albeit, not such an easy one for many people. Vaping provides an alternative means of controlling your nicotine consumption while still providing the user with the physical feedback loop of smoking a cigarette.

That's an interesting stat about 'former' vs 'current' users. I'm not disputing it, but stats can be misleading. How is a 'former user' defined? The kid who tried a pack and never continued? Does the former statistic include dead people? lol

I'm curious as to your thoughts on nicotine addiction. Nicotine in itself, not as a part of a cigarette. I doubt nicotine in itself is cancer causing.

Again, I'm not championing vaping as a healthy activity. But in comparison to cigarettes, I'm curious to see why people are so against it.
    My statistic regarding "former" users verse "current" users is based off the CDC (center for disease control) and a study done by the US department of health and human services. If you would like, I can send you the link. It is cut and dry and easy to understand, no tricky figures. There are more ex-smokers in the US than current smokers. If you talk to Americans in their 50's and 60's (baby boomers), almost half of them use to smoke. Only 17% of adults in the US currently smoke cigarettes today, whereas in the 1950s - 1970s about 42% of americans smoked. It has been progressively falling each year since the 1950s.

It is the nicotene I don't like. I am not a fan of using nicotene gum, patches or vaping. I think they are all silly. Just man up and quit, its not easy at first, but in the long run you will be very happy you did.
    Last edited by Open Casket; 01-09-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Do the vapers here only vape at home or also when on the go ? Does it give any problems by vaping elsewhere (where smoking is also permitted) ?

It's illegal here

Illegal to use or illegal to sell vaping equipment?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast