Like Tree57Likes

How many of you like vaping?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    It's illegal here
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Illegal to use or illegal to sell vaping equipment?
    It's illegal if you're using liquid that contains nicotine which is expressly prohibited by HK's Tobacco Control Office.

Vaping in itself is'nt illegal.
    TheBrit likes this.

A related anocdote: My good friend's long-time alcoholic wife finally gave up the bottle and essentially turned into a nazi hating anything related to alcohol. Needless to say his liberties have become extremely limited as a result. She can't stand anyone around having their one or two daily portions, which has been shown to be beneficial to both body and mind.

The thing is, due to ignorance, expediency and to simplify the propaganda message, nicotine was nailed as the evil poster boy in the fight against tobacco addiction.

Thanks to research we now know that it isn't nicotine that makes the cancer sticks so addictive, but the coctail consisting of number of psychoactive alkaloids and chemicals in tobacco, which was then turned even more addictive by tobacco companies' chemists.

Nicotine alone, outside of that chemically enhanced tobacco coctail, is only mildly addictive and not unlike caffeine, which also has scientifically recognized neuroprotective qualities.

In short, nicotine is not the devil you should be stoning in public. Handled rationally it could even be part of the solution facing aging societies struggling with the (human and financial) cost of ever higher rates of dementia, but that's a parallel narrative.

I'm not expecting the decades-long propaganda campaign against nicotine to evaporate (no pun intended) overnight, not with government officials still publically regurgitating the evils of "nicotine addiction" in their Big Tobacco-backed campaign to totally ban vaping while the same government protects the general avalability of deadly and addiction-causing cigarettes.

Last edited by Mefisto; 25-10-2015 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fixed second link
    wayland and Fenix2 like this.

You have zero knowledge about the topic

How many of you like vaping?

My colleagues bought a new style ecig back from Japan, made by Marlboro.

You have insert an ecig tab into it (use once, costs approx $30 per pack of 20) and last about 2-3 mins. Does not contain nicotine or tar, just the flavour. The ecig battery only lasts for one single use, and you need to insert it into a battery pack that comes with it inbetween uses to charge it up.

Last edited by Proplus; 26-10-2015 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison
    You have zero knowledge about the topic
    your post added zero value to the discussion
    chuckster007 likes this.

Mamba

I'm with Rudyard Kipling on this (The Betrothed).
    As for vaping? Not for me.

I smoke and am unapologetic about it, I do not smoke around kids or non-smokers, that's only polite. I smoke rollies, and yes I know the risks.

If anyone can suggest an alternative hobby which socially allows me to stand up and walk away from people for five minutes of peace, quiet and solitude then I may be interested in quitting, until then I'll be a smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    I smoke and am unapologetic about it, I do not smoke around kids or non-smokers, that's only polite. I smoke rollies, and yes I know the risks.

If anyone can suggest an alternative hobby which socially allows me to stand up and walk away from people for five minutes of peace, quiet and solitude then I may be interested in quitting, until then I'll be a smoker.
    Well, you can do that with vaping just as well, and in any considerate location of your choice, with no cigarette ash and butt disposal necessary. Otherwise the social dynamic is completely up to you.

Though if you were to quit tobacco and switch to vaping you'd notice that the absolute urge to light up either diminishes or disappears completely. In a single puff or session a vaper tends to take in much less nicotine and that's in the pure pharmaceutical form without the engineered-to-be-addictive cocktail found in cigarettes. My pure nicotine intake is about one fifth now compared to my past smoking days with "blood plasma levels" generally low and steady rather than having craving-inducing high peaks and valleys.

I still have my fond memories of countless rollies even if I doubt I could manage a perfect rollup in seven seconds and my single-handed method has probably gotten equally rusty too.

Live and let live, that's all.
    shri and Fenix2 like this.

Mamba

@Mefisto The urge to light up? Different people associate different emotions to smoking and have different triggers.

I'm really happy you're happy vaping.

If I stop smoking then it will be a goodbye old friend it's been fun but time to stop.

While you're spreading this FUD. Assuming this story is even true and such an accident did occur. I will go out on a limb that this happened due to unsafe use of the device+battery. i.e. would you put a loose battery in your pocket along with your keys and coins? (kids DO NOT TRY THIS in a lame attempt to disprove me).

It's the battery that explodes. An electronic cigarette on it's own; will not explode. But we'll never see headlines about "Battery explodes in child's face".
    Mefisto likes this.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast