Like Tree58Likes

How many of you like vaping?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Any idea why most countries in Asia continue actively discouraging or even severely punishing vaping?

Can it really be just the powerful tobacco lobby and related corruption? Surely technocratic governments can't claim ignorance and incompetence for their active campaining and legislating against vaping while the sales of tobacco products continue unhindered?

Switching to e-cigarettes could save 6.6 million American smokers: researchers

LONDON (Reuters) - Up to 6.6 million early deaths in America might be averted over 10 years if smokers switched to e-cigarettes, and the nicotine delivery devices should be adopted as part of an “endgame for cigarette smoking”, researchers said on Monday.
    “In addition (to lives saved), there would be tremendous health benefits including reduced disease disability to smokers, reduced pain and suffering, and reduced exposure to second hand smoke,” Levy said.

Some experts not directly involved in the research also said its findings held a clear message.

“The benefits are massive and demonstrate the importance of embracing, rather than rejecting, the potential of this new generation of nicotine products,” said John Britton, director of the UK centre for tobacco and alcohol studies at Nottingham University.

Wondering if its because of a perception that its like the old opium dens of old? Just a thought. because I agree, it does seem to be rather odd that there is such an anti- bias.

Mefisto, IMO it's largely due to 2 reasons.

1. tobacco lobby. The US govt gets a lot of money from these companies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacc...ment_Agreement
    2. many Chinese people call them 'fake cigarettes' as opposed to 'electronic cigarettes'. The fake misnomer creates a horrible association with all things fake coming from China in recent years.

Mefisto likes this.

I highly recommend vaping to anyone whilst it is not a exactly good for you, what we know is that the amount of chemicals are like 1% of what is in the cigarette and doesn't contain the 250 poisons and 70 carcinogens.

I found that it took me months to find the right mod, tank, and juices to totally replace smoking and having a quality and consitent experience. Cigarettes for consitency are hard to beat, however with the right Mod/Tank coil build, you can surpase smoking in enjoyment by far.... Actually the part I like about vaping is you can do a lot more of it than smoking.... and you don't feel like crap or get sick or ill the day after.

Many people that get into vaping go back to smoking as the getting a vape that matches what they want is not easy. A lot of shops, just sell crap, and don't care. Mechanical mods, that burn the cotton 5 firings, low resistance coils that means that battery lasts half a day, tank that leaks more than a sieve, a firing that is inconsistent as the battery drains, these and many factors leave you in a situation where your nicotine delivery system doesn't is no longer working or enjoyable halfway through they day. Who wants to be recoiling 2 times a day, or changing cotton or get covered with juice as you faf around in the pub....

But once you have a good mod and tank that doesn't make destroy the cotton and coil and a juice that doesn't gunk up, and you can enjoy the flavour of a juice that has been lovingly brewed with naturally extracted favourings and high grade ingredients you can be in heaven... Smoking just can't replace it..... Your brain still remembers "that great cigarette and coffee" and when you smoke a cigarette hoping it will be good, it is just disgusting. Vaping makes your taste buds recover, it makes your lung capacity recover, and also in my case it helped me a lot with weight loss as I've gone on a sugar free diet. It is my little habit...

Electrical Safety:
    I would avoid all those stupid cheap cigar shaped ones, mechanical mods, avoid anything that doesn't haved a screen which allows you to adjust power.... those are the ones that can blow up. A normal vape has several systems so you don't over charge, short circuit, fire for too long etc.... get batteries from a quality supplier, pay the premium and make sure they are not counterfeit.

Wanna Start vaping and not waste money?
    I personally recommend for the smoker that is smoking high nicotine cigs like Malboro red, to go for a double coil tank and double battery mod... Smoant Battlestar mod with the battlestar double coil RDTA tank is great.

For the "lights" cigarrett smoker, an Ammit single coil tank. Great with flavour, never leaks, easy to recoil, high capacity.... Any decent mod will work well with this tank... I use a S6+ Mini.... if you have money, look at anything with DNA200 chip, pricey, but it is meant to be awesome....

Juices are very personal things, try many, I go to Malaysia and shop there, many manufacturers and Vape shopws where you can try a, try and try.... There is also the Vapefest events where you can try the products of 40 different juice brewers....

chuckster007 and Morrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wayland:
    Mefisto, IMO it's largely due to 2 reasons.

1. tobacco lobby. The US govt gets a lot of money from these companies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacc...ment_Agreement
    Yeah, that's almost exclusively them behind the worldwide misinformation campaigns and government corruption (usually indirectly through various well-funded "anti-tobacco" groups).

2. many Chinese people call them 'fake cigarettes' as opposed to 'electronic cigarettes'. The fake misnomer creates a horrible association with all things fake coming from China in recent years.
    The gov't there (aka CCP) is hooked on tobacco revenues, it helps keep the tobacco-addicted masses docile and tobacco even helps with culling the weak and elderly and there's no party outside the Party to promote reform.

However since vaping doesn't constitute any existential threat to the Party's supremacy it's at least possible that information or "rumours" that vaping may be a healthier option to smoking will eventually percolate through the society.

CCP's HK arm (aka HK gov't) doesn't need the tobacco revenue, but they're simply hell-bent on doing the opposite of Hong Kong's old colonial masters (the UK where gov't follows the advice of academic medical experts) and feel obliged to avoid any kind of liberal sentiments.

It's both ironic and sad considering that the entire concept of vaping was invented by a Chinese pharmacist, Hon Lik, and the majority of world's vaping gear is manufactured in China. It's about the only great, globally beneficial thing coming out of China in generations so obviously it must be banned, if largely only nominally, by the Party.

@Fenix2 great Information Dude or Dudette

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix2:
    I highly recommend vaping to anyone whilst it is not a exactly good for you, what we know is that the amount of chemicals are like 1% of what is in the cigarette and doesn't contain the 250 poisons and 70 carcinogens.
    I would add that vaping shouldn't be tried by anyone not previously addicted to smoking.

Pure nic is much less addictive than the coctail in cigarettes, but depending on genetic lottery it might still trigger addiction. I've seen estimates that approx. third of the population carries genes (affecting receptors) with propensity for addiction to nicotine, another third has mild potential for addiction while the final third seems largely resistant to it.

What comes to vaping gear Hong Kong is obviously bit of a black hole, but there are a couple of shops where to buy hardware and consumables like coil heads (at somewhat inflated prices, thanks to landlordism) and ask for advice.

Good regulated mods with a display and safe chemistry batteries are available and recommended.

Wrt. tanks and coils I'd start with an established brand like the (single coil) Nautilus or similar. They're low-powered (longer battery life) and provide "tighter draw" familiar to smokers. They're also discreet as there's relatively little visible vapour. A tiny minority likes to create huge clouds using high-powered multi-coil mods and low-nic (or no-nic) juice but practical it's not, especially for novices.

For liquid (aka e-liquid or juice) I'd start with a couple of different flavours in different nicotine strengths, 12mg/ml, 16mg/ml and 24mg/ml or just ask someone already vaping for advice. Pack-a-day smokers tend to require higher nic strengths initially while a 5-a-day smoker might find that 12mg or even 6mg juice keeps the withdrawal pangs at bay.

I started with a cheap "gas station type" pencil-alike and 24mg juice and quit cigarettes the same day. I'm down to 6mg-12mg and experience no cravings if I go a day or two without but I'm personally fine being in maintenance mode. Many just quit altogether at this stage or move down to 3mg or 0mg.

Then there are the people who do it wrong by alternating between vaping and ciggies and thus keeping the addiction alive while not feeling the benefits of vaping (lungs clearing up, taste buds coming alive again and cigarettes tasting like the ash trays they really are).

I've got a vaporiser and used it for about 1 month, and now its only if I need a quick puff whilst I'm on my rooftop and that's about it.

There are several things I don't like about vaping, maybe its because I'm new to it, so maybe Mefisto can chime in:

1. I dislike all the sweet flavours of juice available, where 95% of them tend to be of a sweet flavour even to smell. Fruit flavours are out of the window for me, and forget all those Red Bull & Rum, JD & Coke, Japanese matcha, etc. The 2 flavours I have are Chinese teas; Iron Buddha and Oolong.

2. Sometimes I just want a little bit more, but because I've got nicotine in the juice (the locals refer to this as 'ding'), I've set the vaporise to a certain number of puffs before I have to wait (much like a really cigarette). But at certain times, whilst I can light another cigarette when I smoked, I still have to wait or override the vaporiser.

3. The general greasiness of the whole experience. After a half days use I feel my hands and face are super greasy, and coming from the F&B trade back in Blighty, I know all about greasy exhaust fumes and what it means to my walls and air-con filters. I've read up on this, and many people say its because my body is getting used to not smoking and is expelling the toxins from my body. But that's a load of tosh really, as even when I was going half and half (half vaping and half on more cigarettes) during the time I was trying to get used to smoking, it still felt greasy.

Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefisto:
    For liquid (aka e-liquid or juice) I'd start with a couple of different flavours in different nicotine strengths, 12mg/ml, 16mg/ml and 24mg/ml or just ask someone already vaping for advice. Pack-a-day smokers tend to require higher nic strengths initially while a 5-a-day smoker might find that 12mg or even 6mg juice keeps the withdrawal pangs at bay.
    I'd be very careful about recommending people use this high level of nicotine when they start vaping. +9mg was the norm in the early days of vaping but the hardware has changed and using that strong a juice will give mixed results.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefisto:
    I started with a cheap "gas station type" pencil-alike and 24mg juice and quit cigarettes the same day. I'm down to 6mg-12mg and experience no cravings if I go a day or two without but I'm personally fine being in maintenance mode. Many just quit altogether at this stage or move down to 3mg or 0mg.
    This. With current vaping hardware, very few people are vaping juices higher than 6mg. I've met a few but they are heavy, Marlboro red, chain smoking several packs a day.

My advice is to start low and increase nicotine level if you feel it's not satisfying your nicotine cravings. Safer than starting up high and coming down don't you think?

I tried the 24mg juice thinking that I smoke a pack a day of marlboro lights so I needed a heavy hit but that stuff was too strong and disgusting LOL, after a few puff I threw that shit away. 12mg was ok but after a while of trying vaping with my shitty crappy banggood one It still didnt feel like smoking and I just got bored of it.

wayland and Morrison like this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast