Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Drunken Master
  • 1 Post By Cwbguy

Super automatic coffee maker repair

Closed Thread

Super automatic coffee maker repair

I recently moved to HK with my Gaggia Platinum Swing. I am looking for a repair shop to fix what appears to be an electrical short.

Suddenly the machine won't come on now. I pushed the on button repeatedly yesterday and it worked for the day. Then I turned in on again. It lit up and went dark and won't start.

Any suggestions? Gaggia recommends Phillips in the NT but I am looking for something on the island. Thanks.

Alot of companies have their repair centres in the most inconvenient locations if you are on the island.

I think it's a conspiracy to make you buy another product as repairing your current one is so inconvenient and time consuming.

ingipingi likes this.

HK's high humidity may be the cause. What you can try is unplug the machine and blowdry the inner parts. This way I have "repaired" many electrical appliances.

ingipingi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dahankom:
    I recently moved to HK with my Gaggia Platinum Swing. I am looking for a repair shop to fix what appears to be an electrical short.
    Suddenly the machine won't come on now. I pushed the on button repeatedly yesterday and it worked for the day. Then I turned in on again. It lit up and went dark and won't start.

Any suggestions? Gaggia recommends Phillips in the NT but I am looking for something on the island. Thanks.
    There's a touch of the below on this one:

DM may be correct or could also be a connector come loose during shipping.

Name:  funny-pictures-press-elevator-button-3-times-hurry-mode.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  94.6 KB
    Last edited by Stoob; 25-10-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dahankom:
    I recently moved to HK with my Gaggia Platinum Swing.
    I hope not from the US. Then it would be 110V.

Another point, for that rather expensive piece of equipment I would hesitate to ask a local no-problem-attitude repair person.

No. I bought this in Shanghai.

Thanks for this. I try.

if you do decide to open it up, be very careful, coffee machines are very high voltage inside

as already suggested, I think it's likely to either be damp/wet parts and/or corroded/broken connector(s) - shouldn't be hard to fix, but care must be applied