UK Television work in HK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a newish TV here that I would like in the Philippines but don't want to spend (much) money shipping it. Don't have the original box. Can't see it surviving being checked in! Can't see them allowing me to hand carry it. Any ideas?
    Put it in a padded coffin.

Seriously though, without the original packaging this seems quite challenging. Try asking the dealer if they have one; maybe some customer wanted them to throw it away after delivery.
    Else ask a moving company, they should be able to build a carton box for it.

In any case I recommend to ensure the shipment, plasma and LCD TVs are the one item that are most likely to break during transport. At least so I was told when I shipped mine to HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigga
    Bribe an air hostess to carry it? I'm sure an old charmer like you knows a few...
    Only the one and she is with BA so on strike

I'll see what I can do on the flight this weekend.

I fly regularly between manila and HK. I have seen all manner of things carried into the cabin, many of which looked nowhere near like they were allowed. If you fly in Business Class or are a frequent flier, I'd say you have an excellent chance of getting away with a hand-carry. Might be worth the cost of the biz class ticket just for that....

I believe hullexile generally flies on Cebu Pacific to Clark (LCC, single class flight, charge for any checked bags, etc) rather than Manila. The difference in cost between that and business class on CX to Manila (plus the cost of then getting to Pampanga) would probably be similar to the cost of a TV!

Aaah...!

Point tAken.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2