Shenzhen airports ceiling - Aw..... something

Shenzhen airports ceiling - Aw..... something

I had the pleasure of using Shenzhen's new airport terminal building the other day.

The first time it bombards your senses with shades of light, curves and noise.

Felt like a '70s sci-fi film

It will probably get less weird the more I use it. Lets hope the ceiling doesn't leak like a Guangzhou South train station.

Are there any other buildings through their very structure that make you feel different.

Lots of things that go on in buildings stimulate you but what about the actual internal architecture?

Last edited by East_coast; 07-11-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Guggenheim interior is beautiful.

What about this nice one?

Shumchun's Airport

Some months ago, just before the new Shumchun Airport Terminal opened, I took the Shumchun MTR from Lowu to the end of the line - 70 minutes - and got off with a "Square Arse" - but being so old, I had to pay nothing for the trip.

The old Terminal seemed quite nice to look at, but even though I have to pay sod-all for the ride, but I don't think I'd go "Joyriding" there again to view the new Terminal.

On my return ride, I broke the journey at Huaqiang Road to visit SEG PLAZA - my favorite "Mecca" for electronics, computers, and accessories !

Last edited by GreenCatalonia; 09-11-2014 at 05:23 PM.

East_coast -

An amazing picture - but, looking at it, I think they've over-reached and made a spectacular building where people won't feel comfortable. There's also a contrast between the magnificent ceiling and the paltry furnishings on the ground, the check-in counters and the notice-boards. The Persians were right (Post 3) - great buildings should be for faith and prayer.

You say you were bombarded with noise. Can you explain? If an airport is noisy, something's wrong.