Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmbf

iPad Air 2 - horribly slow? And Apple ID issues

Closed Thread

iPad Air 2 - horribly slow? And Apple ID issues

Finally bit the bullet and got myself a new iPad. Although I'm not that tech savvy I am able to do simple troubleshooting and set up my new toy. Problem is that its ridiculously slow. Connecting to the net or even App Store is worse than dial up! I'm not using wifi (no tv, no laptop etc.) and it took me 15 minutes to download an app and 20 seconds to load a page which is brutal.

Any idea on what could be wrong?

Also my Apple ID keeps refusing my password and now I'm officially locked out on my computer (not even receiving the reset emails). Any workarounds on that?

Kind of regretting purchasing this so early now (should have waited until the bugs have been ironed out).

Thanks in advance!

Ling

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

So you are using 3G / 4G to connect your iPad to the internet? Have you checked the signal strength?

jimbo likes this.

Sorry! I'm using WIFI just not sharing the bandwidth with TV or any other devices.

Reboot everything (iPad and your wifi router) and try again.

Obviously also check that your wifi is working properly (via another computer / device).

Try Reset Network Settings first. If that doesn't resolve the issue, it's probably firmware related (not iOS) so you'll need to do a DFU (you'll need to Google that, or if you feel uncomfortable about it visit an Apple Store).

As for the AppleID not receiving reset emails, are you using Hotmail or Yahoo? From experience these email accounts don't receive these emails very well.

I've reset etc. laptop, iPhone on wifi works with no problems. As for my Apple ID it no longer works on my Mac and recovery email should have gone to my hotmail.com.

Sadly it has kind of taken the excitement out of my new toy. Hahah!

Thanks all.. Maybe a trip to the Genius Bar will take care of all my issues.

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks