Like Tree23Likes

Electronic child distance alarms

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

thinking of buying a kids helmet to prevent her banging her head when she falls or walks into walls. Is that wrong also.
    Nothing wrong about thinking about it.

A few knocks on the head are good though. That is what makes us all special in many ways.
    @ray98 one of the first things (if not the first thing) we taught our son was to memorise a phone number and be able to ask someone to call that number.

Yes, I had contemplated a leash at one point.. but that was quickly vetoed by saner minds.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Perhaps you could get her to draw some flowers in chalk on a wall and the government will fit one for free

Good luck looking please share when you find one
    Is that from the Lindsay Lohan line?

Anyway... if you can't find one, an alternative might be a wrist strap. $89 from Bumps to Babes.

shri and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A few knocks on the head are good though. That is what makes us all special in many ways. Yes, I had contemplated a leash at one point.. but that was quickly vetoed by saner minds.
    shes banged her head many times, bumps on her forehead and back but i didnt bother getting it in the end LOL my little one has to walk between 3 big huskies in the living room and once in a while will get bumped by them, fall over and smack her head on the floor
    When I was a small kid my dad had me on a leash but I wouldnt do that to my kid.

May be you need to buy some foam tiles ...

https://www.google.com.hk/search?q=c...w=1641&bih=860

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Is that from the Lindsay Lohan line?

Anyway... if you can't find one, an alternative might be a wrist strap. $89 from Bumps to Babes.

Now THAT was what I was looking for when starting this thread.

Guess it will do until the Amazon order arrives.

You're a superstar Claire!
    Last edited by ray98; 25-02-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Nothing wrong about thinking about it.

A few knocks on the head are good though. That is what makes us all special in many ways.
    @ray98 one of the first things (if not the first thing) we taught our son was to memorise a phone number and be able to ask someone to call that number.

Yes, I had contemplated a leash at one point.. but that was quickly vetoed by saner minds.
    My daughter is about the same age as wtbhotia's, can just about manage "da-da" and "ma-ma" so nil chance with numbers yet. However, true to form being a snake, she's very slippery - climbs out of the stroller even with the waist strap on and goes walkies, don't even think about the shoulder straps because she will bawl for England and China incessantly.

Ok, update as promised.

Got the Wrist Link from Eugene Baby for now (thanks again to Claire). I hate the idea of a leash but compared to the panic of losing her for even less than a minute, it's a necessary price to pay.

Decided against Amazon "mommy- I'm here" tracker because of the crap reviews. Looking at the Track Your Child website - will let you guys know how I get on.

Track Your Child, Elderly, Pets or Possessions. GPS Trackers & More

There's a free app for iOS called iSafe Child, works by basically pairing any Bluetooth headphone, placing the headphone in your child's pocket, and works by alerting you (I guess vibrates) when the Bluetooth connection is out of range which is 20-30 feet.

Downside would be you'll need to make sure the Bluetooth device is charged, and all audio from your phone would be sent to Bluetooth headphones.

If you already have a set of Bluetooth headphones, you might as well give this a rest trial.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Yeah Proplus, I had a look at that, but the user reviews vary quite a bit.

Plus my princess has a habit of chewing anything and everything within reach, so the headphones aren't expected to live very long.

Cheers for the helpful comment though

Last edited by ray98; 25-02-2015 at 07:30 PM.

http://smartbabyclub.com/products/Mo...52d藍色.html

Has a trigger so if you can't find your child, you can sound an alarm from the tag on your child to help locate him/her.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks