Like Tree23Likes

Apple's iWatch - 18 hour battery life?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AGxM:
    To be honest most of the 'smartwatches' have a limited battery life, my Zenwatch has done 10% in the last 6 hours, and I charge it each night same as my phone. For me the prices are the eye watering thing here....but then again it's Apple and branding over substance is always a winner for them.
    Yip no substance at all in the iPod,iPhone, iPad and various Macs at all. Guess that explains why the company is struggling so much....

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    Yip no substance at all in the iPod,iPhone, iPad and various Macs at all. Guess that explains why the company is struggling so much....
    Design wise, they cannot be faulted however, in terms of whats in the lovely cases is not always as groundbreaking when put up against competition is what I meant.

What's the point of a smart watch when you have a smart phone that you carry all the time?

wtbhotia likes this.

No doubt, many will still buy it. Even I can foresee some uses for it, while I am in general not looking forward for another phone/gadget (seems every time I get my hands on a new iPhone, the next one is just around the corner). Agree on the wait for second or third generation, my 1st gen iPad was a mistake.

Just saw this also:

http://buff.ly/1E1eUXv

I am in no surprise at the lack of battery life, I mentioned before on another thread that battery technology lags behind the rest of all other technology by a big distance, and add to that a watch that has a big pretty screen with lots of possible functions then it's to be expected.

The slightly bulky edges reminds of of the 1st iPhone, I've still got a working one and looking at it now it's seems somewhat bulky.

Last night's keynote presentation's biggest thing wasn't the watch or the 12" gold new ultra thin MacBook, but ResearchKit, it's medical potential is immense.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

The only, and really only potential use I could see is GPS for jogging - but the watch has no GPS. You need to run with your phone...? But the phone has jogging apps.

As stated previously I am a geekette...and have erm 4 'smartwatches' Pebble, Martian Notifier, Moto 360 and an Asus Zenwatch, and for me it's handy being able to see who is emailing/texting/Whatsapping/ringing you without taking your phone out, they do step counting for those hiking/fitness bods amongst us and I can get sports resuls etc as well. You can check the weather and they er tell the time. Not selling you on them really I know.......but surely they're more useful than the 'Smart Ring'

shri likes this.

I wonder how many Apple Watch Editions they will sell starting at HKD$78,000 a pop.

Apple Watch Edition - Pre-Order 10 April - Apple Store (Hong Kong)