Like Tree4Likes

decent place to get mobile fixed? broken usb hub

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    I know it sounds stupid, but have you tried using a different cable and adapter first?
    I've got two chargers next to each other, and neither work. It was fully charged when it went dead one morning. I suspect the battery has just slipped a bit out of place when it was knocked a little bit on my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    Hi, I have a similar quest... I have an HTC One (Model: PN07140) that just went dead this week. Was working one minute, then it just won't turn on. When I try to charge it, no light comes on. Typically I would take the battery out and put it back in, but with this ridiculous model you can't do that, as it's all sealed.

Would you recommend "the Indian guy" for this? What/where is Sin Tat?
    try a new usb cable or the one you are using on a different phone, note that you phone is a 2013 flagship, considered it's sealed aluminium phone, better if you seek htc official service centre as chances a third party repairer could destroy the chassis and screen as it's reported to one of the most difficult phones to dismantle and repair ( ifixit score 1 out of 10)

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/HTC+One+Teardown/13494

HTC One the first smartphone to score 1/10 on repairability from iFixit

update, officially, it's most hardest phone to repair!
    Last edited by imparanoic; 17-04-2015 at 02:15 PM.

When I was at my friend's house, I charged my phone with her Samsung USB battery charger and it worked.
    Do you think it would work if they just put the same Samsung USB port replacement hub into my phone?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by nickelodeon1997
    There's a Indian guy?
    I was there with my friend the other day, just saw locals there.
    How much would he charge roughly for a USB fix?
    Yup he's the engineer as such.
    There's this middle aged Chinese woman that does all the talking but her English is fine.

They're on the ground floor.
    When you go there through the entrance on tung choi street then he's right in front of you on your right.
    nickelodeon1997 likes this.

When I was at my friend's house, I charged my phone with her Samsung USB battery charger and it worked.
    Do you think it would work if they just put the same Samsung USB port replacement hub into my phone?

cheers
    You mean you used your friends usb charger and cable and it worked? Then you've already isolated where the fault is; it's either your cable or charger.

Hey, surprisingly I tried charging it with a different charger/usb cable and the charge light came on. It's back and running. No idea what shorted it out like that, but glad to have it back without having to open it. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    You mean you used your friends usb charger and cable and it worked? Then you've already isolated where the fault is; it's either your cable or charger.
    No, this was before the usb hub was broken. The metal hub port is bent and the wire keeps falling out.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Yup he's the engineer as such.
    There's this middle aged Chinese woman that does all the talking but her English is fine.

They're on the ground floor.
    When you go there through the entrance on tung choi street then he's right in front of you on your right.
    Thanks man
    I actually went there today but couldn't see him, was crowded as hell in that mall..
    will go back there sometime next week during the weekday XD

cheers

Thanks man
    I actually went there today but couldn't see him, was crowded as hell in that mall..
    will go back there sometime next week during the weekday XD

cheers
    Let me know when you go.
    I'm usually in that area and am happy to meet you and show you where he is.

Pretty much go through the tung choi street entrance.

Keep going and you'll come across a bunch of guys on the left that fixes phones.
    Ignore them the Indian guy is the first one on the right hand side.
    nickelodeon1997 likes this.

ZOPO ZP958 - Smartphone ???? - ?? - ?? - ????? Price.com.hk

is it worth spending another HK$300 on a phone worth HK$990?

even the successor model with much higher spec sells at this price

https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.co...8&actsrch=srp3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast