HTC Touch Pro

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Cheers mate.

Just bought the AT&T Fuze (the AT&T US version of the Touch Pro) for $3400 including shipping.

Good deal! Makes me feel stupid for having spent 6K!!

Anyway, as an update on this phone, I still like it very much but sometimes it's so damn slow that it really ticks me off.

Touch Pro 2 is out now. From what I can, the screen is bigger and it looks more sexy but the functionality remain the same..

What is the battery life like on these? I've an HTC Tytn2 and the std battery gives me half a day at best.

i am quite pleased with the touch pro with regards to batt life. i use it on my 6 hr hikes, listening to mp3s (bluetooth activated), emails downloading, phone working and it lasts a good 6 hours on max use/full charge. standby is about 2 days at least for me. the touch pro battery is supposed to be much better than its predecessor - diamond

Quote Originally Posted by ltcommander
    Good deal! Makes me feel stupid for having spent 6K!!

Anyway, as an update on this phone, I still like it very much but sometimes it's so damn slow that it really ticks me off.

Touch Pro 2 is out now. From what I can, the screen is bigger and it looks more sexy but the functionality remain the same..
    The sluggishness is a problem with Windows Mobile...just have to make sure you don't have too many progs running at once I guess. The Touch Pro 2 looks cool, but I'd go with the Acer M900. It has a 5 MP camera and fingerprint recognition! It should be out next week.

not too sure about that. I like the fingerprint thing but it's got only half the RAM as a Touchpro. Also, the keyboard looks flimsy compared to the Touchpro.

About Windows Mobile - yeah, the whole thing sometimes feels like its beta! If MS wants to kick Blackberry's behind big time they have got to come up with a sturdy OS. This won't cut it for too long. Apple's OS responds much, much faster and I was even contemplating jumping to the Apple ship but I am just way too used to Touchpro now!

not too sure about that. I like the fingerprint thing but it's got only half the RAM as a Touchpro. Also, the keyboard looks flimsy compared to the Touchpro.

About Windows Mobile - yeah, the whole thing sometimes feels like its beta! If MS wants to kick Blackberry's behind big time they have got to come up with a sturdy OS. This won't cut it for too long. Apple's OS responds much, much faster and I was even contemplating jumping to the Apple ship but I am just way too used to Touchpro now!
    Yeah, you're right about the RAM, but most people run progs off their micro SD cards, right? The 5 MP camera is a selling point for me, and the phone has a cool desktop interface where you actually see a desk. If you click on the window, it gives you the weather, and you can see the weather just by looking at it (rain on the windowpanes, etc).

I was considering the Nokia E75 too. Nokias work fast. Microsoft stuff works, but it can really get slow at times...

From what I know, running programs from the memory card consumes more power and it is slower. For better performance, it's good to run

So, you are looking for a 5MP camera so that figures. The desktop interface sounds cool too.

What sold me on the Touchpro was the keyboard and the RAM. I was hoping it would be zipping fast but unfortunately, that's not how it turned out to be. Although, I never run out of memory now like I did with my Atom (that's what I had before)...

From what I know, running programs from the memory card consumes more power and it is slower. For better performance, it's good to run

So, you are looking for a 5MP camera so that figures. The desktop interface sounds cool too.

What sold me on the Touchpro was the keyboard and the RAM. I was hoping it would be zipping fast but unfortunately, that's not how it turned out to be. Although, I never run out of memory now like I did with my Atom (that's what I had before)...
    Apparently it runs a lot smoother once you remove the bloatware. I'm sure my AT&T phone's going to have lots of useless stuff on it. I had an XDA Exec for about four years. It died on Tuesday, and only because I was careless with it...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast