HTC Touch Pro

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong
    Apparently it runs a lot smoother once you remove the bloatware. I'm sure my AT&T phone's going to have lots of useless stuff on it. I had an XDA Exec for about four years. It died on Tuesday, and only because I was careless with it...
    It is not so much the bloatware, but much more the problems/inefficiencies in both WinMo and TouchFlo. Significant improvements can be made by patching the registry, optimizing preferences, etc. XDA-Developers is a great resource.

Quote Originally Posted by ltcommander
    Touch Pro 2 is out now. From what I can, the screen is bigger and it looks more sexy but the functionality remain the same..
    Yes, screen bigger and higher resolution. Also quite a few tweaks to TouchFlo and to the WinMo implementation. Note the changed hardware controls: Only Answer, Hang up, Menu, and Back buttons plus the zoom slider - i.e., no more directional pad. Oh, and the tilting screen is back.
    What cheeses me off is that the thing has become considerably bigger (taller and wider, only marginally thinner than the Touch Pro) and heavier again, which might kill it for me - I love my (highly tuned) Touch Pro, esp. the keyboard, but I never understood why it had to so much thicker than the Diamond...

Yes, screen bigger and higher resolution. Also quite a few tweaks to TouchFlo and to the WinMo implementation. Note the changed hardware controls: Only Answer, Hang up, Menu, and Back buttons plus the zoom slider - i.e., no more directional pad. Oh, and the tilting screen is back.
    What cheeses me off is that the thing has become considerably bigger (taller and wider, only marginally thinner than the Touch Pro) and heavier again, which might kill it for me - I love my (highly tuned) Touch Pro, esp. the keyboard, but I never understood why it had to so much thicker than the Diamond...
    It's big enough as it is! People call my phone a "rock" and I tell them that it's an expensive rock! Touch Pro 2 is going to be a heavier and an even more expensive rock!

Did some reading last night and the AT&T Fuze has (1) a push to talk button that can be reassigned (2) no front 3G camera and (3) a sturdier keyboard. Will have to wait and see I guess. Thanks beachball, I'll check xda developers out.

BTW, my last phone was an O2 XDA Exec, so this is going to be a major reduction in size for me. lol

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 01-06-2009 at 07:43 AM.

XDA developers is awesome. Check out this software. I use that for a Touch of Apple on my Touch Pro. The Mp3 player and Lock/UnLock screen are much better than the default that ships with Win Mo.

My last was an Atom (with extended batteries). So, if my Touch Pro is a rock, my Atom was a boulder!

All Windows Mobile 6.1 phones are sluggish and its not the phone, its the OS. I am looking to change phones soon too but I want to wait for the next WM6.5. WM6.5 is expected in the fourth quarter of this year and I hear mass improvements on performance and battery life.
    Also keep hearing rumours of a new next gen Iphone which is expected this year....so not sure whether to wait and how long to wait...

Removing TouchFlo is supposed to help too. The Touch Pro should be upgradeable to 6.5, right?

Quote Originally Posted by eddiew888
    Also keep hearing rumours of a new next gen Iphone which is expected this year....so not sure whether to wait and how long to wait...
    Well, the major OS/firmware upgrade has just hit the market and looks very good. Good enough in fact, for me to now tentatively recommend the iPhone for many people - still not for everybody (given lack of keyboard, etc.) but now finally a perfectly useful phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ltcommander
    All that is stopping me from buying it is the huge price tag (and my stock market losses!)

I have a question regarding this:

On my O2 XDA Atom I always keep running out of Program Memory because of my huge contact Database (can't be moved to storage card since its that Outlook vol file). With the Touch Pro, I know it's got 288MB Program Memory but is that expandable with a Micro SD card? So, theoretically with a 4GB Micro SD card, can I get 288MB + 4GB of program memory?

Thanks
    htc sucks. why not iPhone or BB?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong
    Removing TouchFlo is supposed to help too. The Touch Pro should be upgradeable to 6.5, right?
    Safe to assume that all HTC WinMo phones are essentially the same? I've got the latest Touch Cruise (shoulda got something without the crappy GPS, but that's another story), and would also like to apply some of the mentioned tweaks, and upgrade WinMo to new releases.

Tony

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast