HTC Touch Pro

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

TS888: You need to get on XDA-Developers. I just flashed my phone to the latest ROM from HTC and it is much, much faster, but now I'm having issues with my PCCW GPRS. *sigh*...

Quote Originally Posted by beachball
    Well, the major OS/firmware upgrade has just hit the market and looks very good. Good enough in fact, for me to now tentatively recommend the iPhone for many people - still not for everybody (given lack of keyboard, etc.) but now finally a perfectly useful phone.
    Actually the offical WM6.5 OS is not out yet. All thats available is the beta ROM or leaked ROM which some developers have tweaked. The WM6.5 won't be out for a few months yet. The leaked ROM is all good for those who have an older phone and want to pgrade to a much improved OS, but for those with Diamond2 or Touch Pro2, which will both have official OS update ROMs made available from HTC, they gonna have to wait a while. Thats the only reason I have not purchased the Diamond2...cos I do not want another Windows Mobile 6.1 phone.

However I am curiously waiting on the release of the iPhone 3GS and wanna see if the existing 3G model's price will drop on release of the new gen iPhone. If so, may well be a worthwhile purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiew888
    Actually the offical WM6.5 OS is not out yet.
    Actually, I was referring to the new iPhone OS...

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong
    TS888: You need to get on XDA-Developers. I just flashed my phone to the latest ROM from HTC and it is much, much faster, but now I'm having issues with my PCCW GPRS. *sigh*...
    It took two days of my life to get it right, but my Touch Pro works GREAT now.

It took two days of my life to get it right, but my Touch Pro works GREAT now.
    Hey Jay, what's this life changing secret? Mine is getting so slow that I almost fall asleep while using it. What's the ROM you are using and what tweaks? Also, are you using one of those developer released WinMo 6.5 ROMs?

Quote Originally Posted by ltcommander
    All that is stopping me from buying it is the huge price tag (and my stock market losses!)

I have a question regarding this:

On my O2 XDA Atom I always keep running out of Program Memory because of my huge contact Database (can't be moved to storage card since its that Outlook vol file). With the Touch Pro, I know it's got 288MB Program Memory but is that expandable with a Micro SD card? So, theoretically with a 4GB Micro SD card, can I get 288MB + 4GB of program memory?

Thanks
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqONSAe81sE"]YouTube - BlackBerry Bold 9000 Review[/ame]

I would pass on HTC. OS cannot be upgraded. No WIFI. Seems like junk.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3jJAEs4N-g"]YouTube - Bold vs Touch Pro vs G1 - Live on PhoneDog TV Episode 1[/ame]

check dis.

Uh you can upgrade all kinds of stuff (including OSs) on HTC phones and all the new ones have WiFi. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ltcommander
    Hey Jay, what's this life changing secret? Mine is getting so slow that I almost fall asleep while using it. What's the ROM you are using and what tweaks? Also, are you using one of those developer released WinMo 6.5 ROMs?
    Using the latest ROM from HTC for the AT&T Fuze. There's one for the Touch Pro out too. Works WAY faster now. Using an older radio version, however, and I save everything to the 16gb MicroSD I put in it. Using the Opera Mobile Beta too.
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 21-06-2009 at 12:05 AM.

thanks! will check it out

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast