HTC Touch Pro

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

HTC Touch Pro

All that is stopping me from buying it is the huge price tag (and my stock market losses!)

I have a question regarding this:

On my O2 XDA Atom I always keep running out of Program Memory because of my huge contact Database (can't be moved to storage card since its that Outlook vol file). With the Touch Pro, I know it's got 288MB Program Memory but is that expandable with a Micro SD card? So, theoretically with a 4GB Micro SD card, can I get 288MB + 4GB of program memory?

Thanks

Should be no problem, when you install a program you should get the option to install to 'Device' or 'Storage Card'

Did you buy it ... did you did you?

you bet!

yup, i did! from Expansys. Got a HKD 5,800 deal from them and spent another 150 on the protection screen and Micro SD.

It's Microsoft, so it does get stuck and annoy you at times but overall, I am pleased with the product. Much better than the one I had earlier (O2).

So how did you get a "deal"? If it is the Trad. Chinese version does that mean it is Chinese only without the option to change to English?

Nope. They sold me an English version bought in the UK but shipped to HK. The salesperson told me that it was cheaper than buying the HK English version because of some Pound to HKD conversion rates. Got a warranty and all the bells and whistles. No complaints so far.

I love the keyboard on the phone.

What's the build quality like? Did you get a data plan and how have you handled email?

Actually, did you consider the Xperia X1 at roughly the same price?

Build quality is good although I did read about complaints earlier from other people. You can actually ask to see the phone before buying here.

Data plan - I am on Peoples and have a 128 dollar unlimited MB offer. Roughly spend around HKD 150-200 monthly. That's nothing compared to what Blackberry data plans are like.

For email, I use Flexmail 4.0 from WebIS. It works finr most of the time but not as good as Blackberry.

Overall, if u take the software u can install on it + the batt life + memory + keyboard, I think it's a good purchase.

Flexmail costs USD 30 app.

I don't really like the way Xperia looks plus the KB is not that good. When i bought HTC, it wasn't available so don't know too much abt it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast