Like Tree4Likes

Suggest a place to get a parallel camera

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yes, I did that, and I got the price listed on price.com, and their price was a good deal, and cheaper than any other seller. They were very friendly and reliable and let me come on a Sunday (when they're normally closed). (I got some audio equipment, not camera, but they specialize in camera stuff...)

Why phone or even worse waste potential time visiting to find no stock , best way is to whatsapp (most companies have dedicated whatsapp quotation and stock availability numbers) listed on price com hk nowadays

Problem is that most response only when you type in Chinese, few in English, get a colleague or local friend to do this method, saves a lot of time and you can copy and paste the same query to multiple stores

Last edited by imparanoic; 11-08-2015 at 08:48 AM.

bdw

Price.com offer the price guarantee service. When you find the price you want, click the order button and enter your phone number into their website, they call you back in a few seconds with an automated password that you key back into their website, then you get an extra $10 or so discount and the shop calls you back to confirm the product availability.

flameproof likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by croash
    The shop I'd suggested before....i usually phone first to check if they have stock available, quote the price listed on price.com.hk, then turn up and buy it. Deal done...no haggling.
    If you just walk in and ask for a price, then I'm not surprised they quote somewhat higher.
    They no longer have it and the guy hung up before I could ask after another model I was looking into.

Join DateOct 2012Posts1,870

I got my thing for the price quoted onprice.com from Base Standard.
    BS were very nice on the phone but didn't have it.

I actually almost pulled the trigger at a shop in SimCity that said they had it. Came back later that day and it turned out they didn't.

I guess I'll have to do a bit more looking around. I need to be careful, this being an older model, there is a good chance some stores will try to sell a returned or display unit as new.
    croash and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by -1983-
    They no longer have it and the guy hung up before I could ask after another model I was looking into.

BS were very nice on the phone but didn't have it.

I actually almost pulled the trigger at a shop in SimCity that said they had it. Came back later that day and it turned out they didn't.

I guess I'll have to do a bit more looking around. I need to be careful, this being an older model, there is a good chance some stores will try to sell a returned or display unit as new.
    Have you considered second hand. The dcfever site has a good second hand market online I've used as well.

Yeah, I'm on DCfever ocassionally lokoing for gear. I've noticed with the GX7 in particular they come out one at a time and are quickly get snapped up, presumably by the same sec0nd hand sh0ps I've passed at SimiCty.

Edit: spilled some whiskey on my keyboard (which i subsequently lit with my bic lighter), so i'm finishing this on my android which in my current drunken state is proving to be quite a challenge.

Last edited by -1983-; 11-08-2015 at 11:24 PM.

I guess there isn't much difference buying used from parallel goods. It's iust a matter of getting my head around the fact that there is no official coverage should something go wrong with the camera.

Finally got my keyboard fixed!

I'm starting to have second thoughts on buying from these shops but I'll try to have another look tomorrow when I am free.

If I'm able to check one and determine it may have been used or returned, either form the shutter count or some indicative marks on the body, do you think I should walk away or go ahead with it and maybe try to leverage it into a lower price?

this shop in TST is good, the shop keeper is Mr Alan Yu, Alan's Camera
    https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.co...k&actsrch=srp3

YU'S Camera - ????? Price.com.hk

I bought my Pentax K-r, Sony NEX N5, Panasonic GX1 form him. He is a nice guy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2