Like Tree4Likes

Suggest a place to get a parallel camera

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Suggest a place to get a parallel camera

I'm looking to get a camera (Panasonic GX7) which is no longer in stock at Fortress, Broadway, Cam2 or all the regualar places that supply goods with local warranties. I have seen it in stock at a few places in SimCity, 289and WanChai Computer Center.

The thing is I'm not familiar of comfortable buying water goods for myself, knowing what I know about sales tactics of the shops that offer them and the "shop warranty" they offer.

I'm familiar with the gear, I know how to check it and what to look out for but I would like recommendations if anyone has experience dealing with any shops I'm talking about in the places I've mentioned above.

I have been buying my camera gear from Digital Rev for awhile now and pretty happy with their prices and service etc.
    http://www.digitalrev.com/product/pa...MTEwMjc4Mw_A_A

They have stock of the Panasonic GX7, local warranty and very prompt delivery. No shop as such, you book the order online and pay via direct debit into their account, item delivered in a couple of days. They also have their own Youtube camera review channel hosted by Kai Wong, which is kinda fun.

Last edited by Skyhook; 05-08-2015 at 11:54 PM. Reason: forgot to post link

Quote Originally Posted by -1983-
    I'm looking to get a camera (Panasonic GX7) which is no longer in stock at Fortress, Broadway, Cam2 or all the regualar places that supply goods with local warranties. I have seen it in stock at a few places in SimCity, 289and WanChai Computer Center.

The thing is I'm not familiar of comfortable buying water goods for myself, knowing what I know about sales tactics of the shops that offer them and the "shop warranty" they offer.

I'm familiar with the gear, I know how to check it and what to look out for but I would like recommendations if anyone has experience dealing with any shops I'm talking about in the places I've mentioned above.
    I've purchased cameras a few times over the last 4-5 years from these people
    shoppingltd.com.hk
    They have 2 outlet. One in Mong Kok, the other in Kowloon Bay.
    I Ave always bought grey market, and never had problems with their goods. Happy to recommend them.
    Check out price.com.hk. you'll find them listed as one of the sellers of that model.
    Hope that helps.

I know about digitalrev, they seem reliable but I hate buying stuff online, especially electronics and prefer to be able to thoroughly check anything I buy.

That other site with a local address looks good, i'll look them up.

I got something from this place. Good customer service:
    Base Standard Holdings Limited

even if you could find it in broadway/fortress, would you pay close or list price at HK$7000? for the official stock, if yes, then ask Panasonic hk directly or wait for the gx7 successor model

if no, then the price at almost half the price for grey import/water goods is not bad at all

croash likes this.

I checked Panasonic at Sogo a couple weeks ago and they no longer have it.

I have no problems buying parallel products themselves, it's just that I hate dealing with staff at the places that sell them. Whenever I'm at these places asking for prices I'm quoted different prices for the same thing by different staff, they are also vague on stock availability and try to imply they carry authentic warranties.
    I'm often mistaken for a tourist so maybe that has something to do with them trying to get away with certain sales tactics, after all I think most of their business is done with visitors.

I'm hoping someone knows of a good place to buy, or places to avoid when buying grey import bodies. Like I said, I know how to check my gear but there's always the chance of some failure within the first week or so which is why I would like to get it somewhere reputable.

Btw, is it normal for stores to give a different price to what's listed on Price.com? I went to check out some of the stores listed over the weekend, none of them gave me the quoted price on the website.

I got my thing for the price quoted onprice.com from Base Standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    I got my thing for the price quoted onprice.com from Base Standard.
    The shop I'd suggested before....i usually phone first to check if they have stock available, quote the price listed on price.com.hk, then turn up and buy it. Deal done...no haggling.
    If you just walk in and ask for a price, then I'm not surprised they quote somewhat higher.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast