Like Tree11Likes

Australian electric plugs

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    teach your daughter to do it herself.
    Seriously, how hard is it to teach someone a skill that will come in useful over a lifetime?

I was taught in our crafts class at the age of 6, along with basket making, plaiting and knitting, none of which were that much use in later life apart from the plug.

Many lower current products have IEC or Mickey mouse connectors.

Just buy new cables on the interweb

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Many lower current products have IEC or Mickey mouse connectors.
    Most have cables wired directly into the appliance, as it saves the cost of the plug and socket

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Seriously, how hard is it to teach someone a skill that will come in useful over a lifetime?

I was taught in our crafts class at the age of 6, along with basket making, plaiting and knitting, none of which were that much use in later life apart from the plug.
    I was about 10 when my dad taught me to wire a plug. I agree, it's a damn useful life skill.
    East_coast, Cwbguy and dumbdonkey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I was about 10 when my dad taught me to wire a plug. I agree, it's a damn useful life skill.
    Isn't this a British thing as the UK style power socket is so clunky and over-engineered that even a primary school child can be taught to safely re-wire them. Some may argue the UK plug is a compact design with integral cable clamps and fuse and very positive insertion mechanism.

Last edited by East_coast; 17-08-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:

Start another thread on appropriate life skills if you want to pontificate about this.
    Rob2020 likes this.