Like Tree20Likes

iPod touch dying, what to replace with?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHK39
    Thanks for the advice. I have read up on the Sony A series surprisingly good bundled headphones, drag and drop, and will transfer/convert music from iTunes directly. It seems that my old laptop will not recognize my iPod using generic cable, is OEM needed for transferring data?

Great advice about Mingo headphones, I have been eyeing the Shure SE line but if an Xiaomi Piston 3 sounds the same to me I'll go that route. My current IEM is the Moxpad X6 that I have been really impressed with but is a bit bass headish for me. Both the Xiaomi and Moxpad have been compared to the Shure se215 at 5x the price, so if my ears can't hear the difference I'll let my wallet feel the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    Try and test, set what suitable for you, bring your own headphones, test, compare with your phone, and ipod, see how good as well easy to use
    Last edited by imparanoic; 03-01-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    Try and test, set what suitable for you, bring your own headphones, test, compare with your phone, and ipod, see how good as well easy to use
    Thanks again, will bring mine and compare for sure. The cliche Beats Tour "studio quality" headphones that I had before sounded better than my iPhone bundled phones but after one side broke in a month I gave up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHK39
    Thanks again, will bring mine and compare for sure. The cliche Beats Tour "studio quality" headphones that I had before sounded better than my iPhone bundled phones but after one side broke in a month I gave up on them.

The one with digital noise cancellation is excellent, great for silencing air conditioning, bus, train and air plane noise, can't do loud shouting people next to you though

Take it to the Max - Astel+Kern plus some custom in ear monitors, membership to HDTracks - that's the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs
    Take it to the Max - Astel+Kern plus some custom in ear monitors, membership to HDTracks - that's the way to go.
    do you mean buy their HK$29,000 flagship AK380 plus additional HK$13,000 for JH roxanne earphones

Astell & Kern AK240 - MP3 & PMP??? - ?? - ?? - ????? Price.com.hk

I have actually heard these previous flagship AK240 at HK$19,000 with jh roxanne, it was very good, but as it was a noisy restaurant, i could not hear finesse or that much of the clarity or subtlety

I can't remember the model of A+K, I only saw it in the shop window at the WCC (store beside Lets Go). I do remember the price tag was $25k+. Kinda crazy coin to pay for a "Walkman". Don't forget the gold ear monitor cables which can also set you back another $10k. So for a cool $52k you can have a top of line portable system.

I've not heard the A+K before. I've heard some HD tracks through a Hi-Fi Man unit at the last audio show and they sounded pretty sweet. With A+K, I think some of the cost is going into the solid aluminium casing more than anything inside the machine.

imparanoic likes this.

I can't remember the model of A+K, I only saw it in the shop window at the WCC (store beside Lets Go). I do remember the price tag was $25k+. Kinda crazy coin to pay for a "Walkman". Don't forget the gold ear monitor cables which can also set you back another $10k. So for a cool $52k you can have a top of line portable system.

I've not heard the A+K before. I've heard some HD tracks through a Hi-Fi Man unit at the last audio show and they sounded pretty sweet. With A+K, I think some of the cost is going into the solid aluminium casing more than anything inside the machine.
    hifi man was the original utilitarian designed *(looks like from the 80's) high end audio player with burr brown dac, times have changed, but the quality is still there.

Hifi man was renowned to no compromise, probably very clunky to use , not user friendly, so not very polished product even though it sounded sweet

Have you heard the AK Junior? I wonder how this compares to an iPhone with ALAC files. All my music is ripped from CDs so no real hi res stuff. Not sure if these hi-res players are the way to go even for CD quality.

Have you heard the AK Junior? I wonder how this compares to an iPhone with ALAC files. All my music is ripped from CDs so no real hi res stuff. Not sure if these hi-res players are the way to go even for CD quality.
    I And audiophile friend tried 3 phones, dedicated Walkman, flac compatible Sony Walkman . IPhone 5, Sony z2, Sony nwz-x1050, Sony nwz-f886,Sony Different sampling rate, 192kHz, 320kHz, flac. 3 Iphone 5(though not flac), 2 ear phones and one full size headphones , Sony mh1c, beyerdynamic dx120, akg k551

Results, flac on smart phones was good, but not impressive, even very Sony nwz-x1050 was almost on par playing 320kHz with flac, the Sony nwz-f886 was much better than all of them at flac, I think mobile phone don't have the dedicated dac or dedicated amplification which makes the dedicated audio player much better than a phone

The difference between all phones was that great overall, ok at best

It's also noted I listened kef flagship speakers (all at hkd700k), with cd player, pre amplifier and power amplifier, the CD sound far surpassed any flac compatible players (so far only a hkd25k), system) I listened, it was unbelievable

How about this?

SanDisk Clip Sport 8 GB MP3 Player - Yellow: Amazon.co.uk: Audio & HiFi

It's small, very cheap, supports lossless audio and sd card expansion. I have the old model (Sansa Clip and it's still going strong after 5+ years)

Last edited by mrdollars; 05-01-2016 at 09:17 AM.
    imparanoic, huja and shri like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast