Like Tree20Likes

iPod touch dying, what to replace with?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Is this offer available to regular people too? If not, it's not really relevant to compare.. but nice catch all the same
    Still available, but it was a special offer. Now at hkd259, if you want their contact, I pass to you

It's noted thar head fi (portable audiophile forum) rates it very well

Name:  IMG_20160109_153544_zpsswfktnyg.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  143.6 KB

My mp3 player collection since 2008. From left to right:
    SanDisk Sansa E280. 8GB internal memory and MicroSD slot. I used Rockbox on it for a while but didn't really like interface. The scroll wheel eventually started to go.
    SanDisk Sansa 8GB. A work horse with 12 hours of battery life and great ergonomics (attaching clip). I've had about a half dozen of this little things. Wish I had a bunch more.
    Microsoft 30GB Zune (first gen). Ambitious. Clunky. Famous for software bug that caused it to brick due to some leap year glitch.
    FiiO X-1. No internal memory. Takes MicroSD card up to 128GB. Simple IU. Worried the scroll wheel is the weak link. Just set it up today.

Previous to 2008, my wife had a Sony MP3 "stick" that held about a hours worth of music and was powered by an AA battery! Then she upgraded to the Creative Zen M30, which was probably the starting point for the Microsoft designers of the original Zune.

FWIW, I'm now using the latest Xiaomi IEM's, "Headphone Pro", only $129 HKD!

This is now my fourth set of Xiaomi headphones, I only 'upgraded' from the Piston 3 because of cat related damage.
    I bought a pair of 2nd Gen Xiami pistons due to all the praise for such an inexpensive pair of IEM's but I found them thin and tinny. Possible I got a pair of knock-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    I bought a pair of 2nd Gen Xiami pistons due to all the praise for such an inexpensive pair of IEM's but I found them thin and tinny. Possible I got a pair of knock-offs.
    Where did you order them from?

As with all the Xiaomi stuff, there are heaps of knock offs going around.. I strongly suggest you order direct from Xiaomi

Where did you order them from?
    As with all the Xiaomi stuff, there are heaps of knock offs going around.. I strongly suggest you order direct from Xiaomi
    A friend ordered them off taobao from a "reputable" seller.

Pass on the FiiO X1. It's the least intuitive IU I have ever used on any gadget in the past 10 years. You practically have to be a programmer to load playlists onto it. I think this DAC may be returned.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Pass on the FiiO X1. It's the least intuitive IU I have ever used on any gadget in the past 10 years. You practically have to be a programmer to load playlists onto it. I think this DAC may be returned.
    Ibasso, also the same, clunky

But Sony or askel and kern are very user friendly

I bought the Sony A26HN and am very impressed. The bundled earphones sound great on my iPod but on the Sony are just so much better, confirmed with headphones, earphones, earbuds, and IEMs.

Buying any headwear from an unauthorized dealer is a risk and should be avoided. I have heard a lot about Beats, Shure, and even Xiaomi being copied. The bundled earphones on this are very good, I would guess a trader could swap them with a copy to earn an extra couple hundred, no return policy of course.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHK39:
    I bought the Sony A26HN and am very impressed. The bundled earphones sound great on my iPod but on the Sony are just so much better, confirmed with headphones, earphones, earbuds, and IEMs.

Buying any headwear from an unauthorized dealer is a risk and should be avoided. I have heard a lot about Beats, Shure, and even Xiaomi being copied. The bundled earphones on this are very good, I would guess a trader could swap them with a copy to earn an extra couple hundred, no return policy of course.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    Try it with reference headphones with 50 mm driver, it will sing voices from heaven, example akg k550, it will make any ipod, iPhone or any mobile sound like a hkd300 market no Branded player

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Ibasso, also the same, clunky

But Sony or askel and kern are very user friendly
    I believe some of the Ibasso models have Rockbox builds from them.