I H8 SMS TLK

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I H8 SMS TLK

We had a few bis of baby stuff to sell and I get an SMS from one person in SMS gobbledygook and reply, in full, that yes the products are still for sale and would she like to meet me on the platform of Central MTR station at 8.50am.
    To which I get the reply:

OK,IL MET U TOM 8.50AM, TNXALOT JAZ CNFRM $120HK.FOR PLAYMAT&BB CHAIR?HVE A NYZ EVENING!

I didn't reply because I had already confirmed the price in my message. So this morning I get this message:

ELLOW,GUDMRNG!KNDLY CNFRM ME D TIME WHEN WE MET AT CENTRAL MTR&$120HK FOR D PLAYMAT&BB CHAIR F OK?TNXALOT!

I got a headache just reading it! Why can't people just write normally in a text message? Nothing winds me up LK THT SRT OF SHT!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

LOL! I would like to agree with you but I would only be showing my age...

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax
    LOL! I would like to agree with you but I would only be showing my age...
    You're 21 aren't you?

But yes I hate text speak, Even though I can understand it I won't send it. The worst thing is though I'm getting the habit of putting La on the end of texts etc to my chinese friends.

U should see the email fragments, texts & MSN gobbledegook I get from students! Also, got on me nerves, initially - BUT then found myself slowly slippin' into their tweeny ways n nerd speak, too ...

Grin/bear...?

if your using a blackberry its ok to type long msg for sms but if your using just a normal phone, imagine how long it will take to send the full message using all the words. 1 key with 3 letters on it, i would rather call the person then type a long msg on a normal phone.

I'm just trying to work out why ellow is quicker than hello?

strange they would have put a W on the end, i would have just said ELLO or OI to my friends. LOL

What's even more puzzling are people who insist of txt spk when they're sitting in front of a PC, using a full size keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    I'm just trying to work out why ellow is quicker than hello?
    Or even Hi!

Admittedly I do have a Blackberry but even before that I would still type out a full message- do unto others as you would have done to you!

I'm going to sound like an old fuddy duddy here but I don't think age should come into it and it is spoiling the English language because a lot of this is filtering into other parts of the written language. I have asked some non-English colleagues (I'm not form an English speaking country but it is my first language so wasn't sure) and this doesn't happen in a lot of other languages- mainly English.

ellow where PDLM? - me shur he luvs this stuf.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast